New Controller Suggestions

Wizard

Ok, my USB adaptor really sucks and my PS2 controllers suck, so I have decided to get a USB controller.

So far I'm leaning towards this and it's cheaper breathern. But I am not one to trust Logitect products due to a bad history of them some how breaking down for some reason (headphones, mics, older controllers). Reviews for both are the usual "breaks down randomly" and "great."

Can anyone suggest some alternatives? $40.00 CAD (that's like 29 USD I believe) max is as far as I'm willing to go.

Actually $40.00 USD = $37.81 CAD, our dollar is worth $0.945 USD.

I've never had a problem with Logitech stuff, and I own plenty of it. As far as I'm concerned though, the PC controller market is GARBAGE, I've never seen a properly conceived gaming controller out there beyond flight sticks. I stick to console adapters for gamepads, as console pads are far superior to any PC pad I've encountered.

What about Interact's stuff? I've only used some of their older pads, back in the 95/98 era, but they made good pads then. Not sure if they still make PC stuff though.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Saitek.

Logitech Rumblepad 2. Definitely one of the best controllers I've ever had, and I haven't had any problems with it in any games or other programs.

The sticks are sturdy and responsive as is the force feedback, which is adjustable from the Control Panel. The only drawback is that the PS2-style design isn't the most optimal for 6-button fighters but that's a very minor gripe. The Digital Pad itself might need some getting used to, but it is also very well designed and responsive. IMO anyway.

P.S. Never get the Logitech Dual Action controller. I've seen several people complaining about different kinds of issues with emulators and other programs (most notable failures to detect axes and buttons presses etc.), plus it doesn't have vibration.

Mine just broke, the D-Pad has horrible reaction time and is basicly a replica of a 360's D-Pad (Idk if they changed but my 360 D-Pad can't even do castlevania combos properly).

I'm talking about your alternative, do not touch it!!

Why dont you just get a 360 controller?

I love my 360 controller for most things except fighting games- its dpad / hatswitch really doesn't work well at all.

If you can find one online, get the Sega Saturn USB controller for PCs. I've got the PS2 version with an adapter and really enjoy it, so I assume the dedicated USB one will be just as good if you can find it.

IJTF is right now, I dont even like the Saitek gamepads anymore they are really weird, its like you cant get a good gamepad for PC.

I WAS going to reccomend a really good one, It was by logitech, had wireless, rumble, fit the hand well and everything, i was even going to buy it eventually because it was only like 30-40 bucks! But looks like they stopped making it.

It was gold and black if anyone wants to try and find it

Well then, if a Controller to USB adapter, what to suggest then? I require a very realiable one.

I say go for the Logitech Rumble Pad 2. It's the one I have and it works perfectly on everything I've used it on including the rumble support on emulators. I assure you that it will be a very good investment for both emulation and PC gaming. The cheaper version has a turbo feature but leaves out the rumble.

Well then, if a Controller to USB adapter, what to suggest then? I require a very realiable one.

I bought one of these exact adapters like 6 years ago, and it still works perfectly.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nintendo-64-N64-Playsta...emZ300127521436

PS2 controllers work as well, but if you want rumble (And possibly the lameass analog buttons NOBODY could use unless they have baby fingers) you'll need to look into a newer kind of adapter. I can't recommend any, as all my other adapters are homemade.