Science supports religion?

Shoma

Alright, try to look at this with a clear mind, i rather not have extreme anti-religious or anti-atheism remarks...

Saying that...Check dis out.

http://www.harvardhouse.com/Science-Religion.htm

I've always had theories on how science explains one half of mysteries and religion explains another half.

I wonder if all the mysteries could be solved if we mix a science book and a bible to find the missing pieces.

DA only problem i have with this article is that the guy writing it seems to be bias. never mind the link, I rechecked it and it wouldnt suffice a adequate info. JUst your opinions would be nice though.

Edited by Shoma

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing about athiests is that they think god believers dont believe in science. There is an article (i will look for the link) that talks about islam and its discoveries in science. Just as a piece of info, while the christians thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it, the muslims had already calculated the circumfrance of the earth and had known that the earth is the one that revolves around the sun as written in our book. Also the word algebra is actually an arabic word, i think that is the name of the guy who found it out and that he was a muslim. One last thing that i can think of is that it was the muslims who started to figure out stuff about the human eye (or somthing like that). Science and relgion (or at least islam) have many things in common.

Funny thing about athiests is that they think god believers dont believe in science. There is an article (i will look for the link) that talks about islam and its discoveries in science. Just as a piece of info, while the christians thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it, the muslims had already calculated the circumfrance of the earth and had known that the earth is the one that revolves around the sun as written in our book. Also the word algebra is actually an arabic word, i think that is the name of the guy who found it out and that he was a muslim. One last thing that i can think of is that it was the muslims who started to figure out stuff about the human eye (or somthing like that). Science and relgion (or at least islam) have many things in common.

This is great and all, for the muslims, but when most American and European atheists think of religion, the first thing that comes to mind is the Catholic church. The Catholic church did not have a plethora of scientific breakthroughs, but rather covered them up and persecuted scientists. This doesn't make the opinion correct, of course, but it's where it originates.

Well then, so doesn't all the other great stuff we talk about in this forum category.

IMO, I think it's perfectly fine that we have any type of thread about religion here. We've had them before too. :P

see, that's the thing... why does science hafta go against religion?

maybe i don't see the problem, cause i think like ahmad89 does,

for example, intelligent design vs evolution...

why can't it be both?

i mean a day on different planets has different lenghts, so if god created heaven and earth in 6 or 7 days, maybe it's god days, which means millions and millions of years or so.

Well then, so doesn't all the other great stuff we talk about in this forum category.

IMO, I think it's perfectly fine that we have any type of thread about religion here. We've had them before too. :P

Religion and Politics on general places and more-so topic specific places is like an unwritten rule of the internet. It ALWAYS starts a flamewar, ALWAYS. Just you watch.......

Haha that is true.

I sooo hate religion and what it stands for, and the heated arguments it produces.

As they say "Religion is the problem - not the solution"

The scientists may think some things are explained by religion, but that's just because they haven't got a good enough theory yet. Not that I care either way.