Science supports religion?

Shoma

Personally I don't see why people always contrast religion and science, when their purposes differ. Well I do know WHY, because people want to know the "truth" and they see these two subjects as 2 sides of a coin. To be honest though, Religion isn't a fundamentally practical approach to learning the truth of the natural world, because if you're a full-on devout practitioner, the truths are laid out for you and you should have FAITH in what your practice teaches. Religion is all about faith, trusting in something without having to be convinced by tangible, empirical evidence. Science is just an organized study progressing towards the educational theory and hypothesis. Things are dynamic in science. One learns to postulate and formulate highly theoretical probabilities, looking at both the evidence that supports the probability and improbability of any grounded hypothesis in a manner to invoke higher knowledge of enlightenment about the NATURAL world. In that manner, when new things are discovered and implimented, old theories change and more questions are invoked while others are sedated.

To me, religion and science are not 2 sides of the same coin. There's no use in trying to compare the two and establish which is right or wrong about the truths in life because they serve different purposes.

Well i have to disagree on that relgion does not need evidence to be supported. I will not believe that i have to make human sacrifices just so i can be happy. Religion needs to be 100% correct, not even 99.99% correct. How can i believe in something when the other stuff that they believe in is worng.

I agree that science and religion are not on the same coin if you will but on two different coins that have to match each other. By that i mean for example, i believe in islam therefore i dont believe in the science that is evolution as the two dont match. The other way around for example if someone was athiest he will not believe that everything was already made by someone.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have to disagree on that relgion does not need evidence to be supported. I will not believe that i have to make human sacrifices just so i can be happy. Religion needs to be 100% correct, not even 99.99% correct. How can i believe in something when the other stuff that they believe in is worng.

I agree that science and religion are not on the same coin if you will but on two different coins that have to match each other. By that i mean for example, i believe in islam therefore i dont believe in the science that is evolution as the two dont match. The other way around for example if someone was athiest he will not believe that everything was already made by someone.

I didn't say religion needed evidence to be supported, I said the opposite. That it is about having faith and not questioning the reality of the natural world or even the teachings and truths layed out for a religious person, but in believing that the grand design of it all is in the hands of insert_name_of_diety. Identifying with empirical truths or personal truths (or both) are a matter of choice.

In response to the thread title, no. Mysteries can not be solved through a combination of religion and science. Religion doesn't necessarily hamper science as Ahmad said back on the first page, but once you try answering questions with it, it degenerates into a god doing something because he can and leaving no real proof for his actions.

really?

obviously your concept of religon is probably limited to christianity...

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

http://www.islamicity.com/science/

there are also a few ebooks around, that i can't find at the moment.

i'm not preaching or converting, but a generalization isn't a good idea.

of course some people will always claim "but it doesn't say EXACTLY that"

yeah... of course some people need to be spoon fed everything...

really?

obviously your concept of religon is probably limited to christianity...

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

http://www.islamicity.com/science/

there are also a few ebooks around, that i can't find at the moment.

i'm not preaching or converting, but a generalization isn't a good idea.

of course some people will always claim "but it doesn't say EXACTLY that"

yeah... of course some people need to be spoon fed everything...

I'll admit that I haven't read the entirety of the websites (I'm a bit busy right now), but the ones I've seen aren't using religion together with science to solve things. Science is solving things, and the Qur'an is interpreted in a way that matches these discoveries. And yes, my concept of religion is for the most part limited to Christianity, I said that already. :rolleyes:

Side note: Qur'an is considered misspelled by Microsoft, but it doesn't offer any correct suggestions. On the other hand, it made sure I capitalize Christianity. What the hell?

Overlord, those sites aren't really the best, but i fail to see how something that's over 1400 years is "interpreted" to match modern science.

it's quite simple, for example the creation of the embryo in arabic is quite straight forward in the Qu'ran, it just uses terms other than "zygot" and "embryo" that when indirectly translated mean the same.

there are alot of things also in the hadiths that have medical merit.....etc

so yeah again, i'd say don't generalize :thumbsup1: