That Ironman movie in 08

2eyez

Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark??? A crack head actor as Ironman??? I don't know about that. Anyways, I'll flip out if I see Ironman do his Infinite combo(Marvel vs Capcom 2) on an enemy in the movie :D

Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark??? A crack head actor as Ironman??? I don't know about that. Anyways, I'll flip out if I see Ironman do his Infinite combo(Marvel vs Capcom 2) on an enemy in the movie :D

It's acutally perfect if you think about it. Downey has been all over the place with drugs in his life, I believe he will deliver a perfect run down Stark by the end of the movie.

It's acutally perfect if you think about it. Downey has been all over the place with drugs in his life, I believe he will deliver a perfect run down Stark by the end of the movie.

maybe iron man is a druggie O_O

maybe iron man is a druggie O_O

He was an alcholic actually for a period.

I dont like the whole "lets remake all the marvel icons" idea either. What happens when they have done all the movies? I hope this isnt Marvel's last move before completely dying...

Im just pissed that cartoons cant make the theaters anymore....

I rather see a cartoon with the original plot than some life movie with a hacked version.

Hulk, and fantastic 4 are examples....Ironman will indeed be the same..

Edited by Shoma

With superhero movies, there has to be a greater awareness of what that hero is about, why they have powers, who the main enemies are... That is vital because, let's face it, the comic stories don't translate directly into movies that well, and can't stand on their own without the audience already having some emotional investment in the franchise.

Unless you're Batman, Spider-Man, Superman or the X-Men, then you don't deserve a movie IMO. Even with those, Superman and X-Men have failed in recent times just because their plots stank. Hulk, Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra and Fantastic Four have all blown because 1) they are crappy source material and 2) nobody knows or really cares about them outside their own fanbase. Not good recipes for expensive effects-driven films.

Ironman is the same. Who is he? Who amongst the public is gonna know or give a damn? If anyone is already a fan, they'll likely see it, but that isn't enough. It also makes finding a director who cares enough to make the film match the theme of the comic harder to find because there aren't many out there as it is, and because a studio will put less money into looking (and hiring) one than they would for something proven like Spider-Man.

So yeh, this is a recipe for failure in my book...

Ironman was my favourite comic as a kid, so I am looking forward to this one.

I think you guys are being too harsh on Hollywood. It will always pump out repetitive crap, and seek any label to take off and make bucks out of. You can't expect much more from it. Hence I can understand why Hollywood is doing over the major Marvel characters, especially after the success of Spiderman and Batman.

Secondly, I disagree that you need more then just an established fan base to get lots of people to attend a comic book movie. People will go see any old crap that is pushed their way, provided it is marketed well enough. People go see crap movies all the time that they have no prior knowledge about, superhero flick or not.

I think if Ironman is promoted well enough, and if the movie is actually good, then it can be a success, drawing fans of the comic, people who knew of the comic, people who have never read comics, and casual people who just want to see a movie on a Saturday night with a box of popcorn and a coke.

Listen to me, defending Hollywood. Sheesh! I've flipped to the other side of the coin. I must be going through menopause or something.