So there is a chick in my school

since it is for a class and finals are coming up, try getting her to study with you at a local book store/coffee shop. Since it is studying it gives you an excuse to talk to her and also, when studying with people, the conversation does tend to not always be on the scholarly stuff. Dont go for gold the first day, just try to be able to build up state where you both are able to freely talk to each other...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you like her i say wait till class is over and talk to her and walk her to her locker or her next class or something or wait till lunch even

Drake hasn't visited since his post (#6 above), so maybe it did work out.

Or maybe he got totally rejected so he's avoiding this thread out of shame and sorrow.

i didn't bother looking through this thread to read the replies.

but the best advice i can give you, is just be yourself

don't attempt to impress the girl

and don't make a big deal out of talking to her, just do so.,

Sorry I haven't replied, but lately a bunch of my problems have been revolving around my computer time so now I get layed off until the weekends. Thanks for all your advice, and here is what happened today (btw I didn't read the advice when this happened however I shall attempt the carefree attitude).

Today, I went to the councilors office, I just wanted to see her, for some reason she's always acting as the councilors secretary so 9 out of 10 visits I get to see her (btw whenever I come in or leave she always smiles at me, but she's a jumpy girl so I would assume this be normal). We talked for a bit, again nothing casual, until she calls her friend, turns out it's her bday and she throws me a crazy story about her and why she was cracking her butt off. She seems embarrassed to be around me at times, or it seems likes she hiding it since she's always insulting herself when I just look at her (even though she doesn't realized I'm looking at her not because I think she's crazy but because I have nothing to say). Anyways I was sweating the entire time because it was just me and her in the room, I couldn't talk at all, and she literally made me repeat myself at least 10 times because I was attempting to talk but couldn't get words out of my mouth. After that her friends and the councilor finally arrived at the office, at which point we where in the outside room waiting for the councilor and one of the students to finish a session, while this wait I just sat down and heard her talk to her friends, and I loved it, just listening to her she's always laughing, I like it because I'm rarely amused, I act amused online but I'm the quiet guy in rl, can't help it. But I got a good/bad situation.

1.Good, the councilor has a "thing" that, the majority of the females seeing her, are lesbians, turns out Mellisa (that's her name) isn't.

2.Bad, the way I found out, was by her starting to talk to her friends about her boyfriend, who's Mexican, and is 20 years old (she's 16).

So now the only thing I can do (as much as I want to attempt a friendship with her, girls that leave their current boyfriends for a new one being you, usually do the same to you at a later date), is either

1.Stick around and miracles happen (last year this happened, I knew someone I liked, broke up with her boyfriend for stupid reasons, and instead of taking my chance I encouraged her to make it work with him again (even though he's meh)).

2.Just let it go (which I want to but at the same time I don't because I've never met someone else like her).

I'm done typing, I must UT to calm myself down and get ready for more final study's :P.

Just to clear things up, the age difference isn't to much of a big deal down here...

You can always steal her away with charm from her boyfriend. It depends on how much you want her.

If you want to continue attracting her attention, then let us know. And I think it's utterly disgusting for a 20 year old to be dating a 16 year old. Not only is that illegal in most states, but if there is any sexual activity (no matter what) -- the boyfriend (if caught) would be put in jail.

And as far as sweating all the time: Just wear a lot of deoderant. Whatever you do, don't put her on a pedestal. If you start talking to her like she's the "queen of the castle" then she'll only look down on you. Never say she is "beautiful", etc. Just make her know that you like her.

say something that will break her confidence

Yeah that really helps, especially if it's a sensitive girl. :P

Even better. She'll be obsessed with him no matter what.

Btw, if she's 16 and she is in a relationship with a 20 yr old guy, then it's likely that she's got some "daddy issues."