How do you deal with stress and/or depression?

Alpha

A big problem right now in our world is the increase of humans on mental medication to make them happy because of extreme stress and/or depression.

Now every person has their own way of dealing with issues, but what do you find as the best way to just relax and bring yourself to a peace of mind? Do you practice Yoga, Martial Arts, go to the gym, or just continue to sit on the computer? Drugs (legal/illegal)? Maybe you're performing an increase of sexual activity? What's your method?

As for myself, a little bit of working out in the gym usually puts my mind and body at a balance. The problem is just finding the self motivation to go to the gym. One day, you feel like you can turn yourself into the next Bruce Lee, the next day you can care less if you turn into the next Sumo wrestler. Quite frankly, it drives me utterly insane.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing games help me release the stress.

What kind of games? If it's an RPG ... that would only increase my stress level. :blink:

Same. FPS or fighting to relieve stress. Helps that they can come in short servings.

I don't consider games being a good example of stress relief. Sure, you could play some FPS games for awhile, but once you turn off that game or get tired of it -- you're back in the same boat. The whole point is making an effort to get off the boat completely. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. :D

Playing games help me release the stress.

What kind of games? If it's an RPG ... that would only increase my stress level. :blink:

Same. FPS or fighting to relieve stress. Helps that they can come in short servings.

I don't consider games being a good example of stress relief. Sure, you could play some FPS games for awhile, but once you turn off that game or get tired of it -- you're back in the same boat. The whole point is making an effort to get off the boat completely. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. :D

Drinking water and working out work for me.

That and practicing my Muay Thai relives a lot as well.

I don't consider games being a good example of stress relief. Sure, you could play some FPS games for awhile, but once you turn off that game or get tired of it -- you're back in the same boat. The whole point is making an effort to get off the boat completely. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. :blink:

Oh you mean what real solution as opposed to quick one-off fixes? Yeh I get you. But I havn't found anything like that that actually works.

In fact, thinking along those lines I was going to say that I go driving sometimes to let off steam... only when I thought it out loud did I realise how stupid that actually is.