Mid term elections

Robert

Democrats currently have control of the House of Representatives and will most probably also gain control of the Senate. Right now it's all up to the Virgina senate race and the Democratic candidate is leading by a very small margin. If the Dems control both, they control Congress.

Rumsfeld did get sacked (about damn time) and Bush gave a pretty headed press conference today. I didn't have a chance to see it yet but that's what I hear about it.

Age to vote is 17 or older US Citizen. I did vote and the guy I voted for won. It was for a House of Rep. candidate.

Dems also got the majority of governors, w00t! Unfortunately, in my stat (WI) there was also two things that passed that I was against. :thumbsup1: First, ban on gay marriage. That's just not right, to have discrimination written into our constitution. Also, there was a vote to see if the people of the state wanted to bring back the death penalty, and the vote was "yes." Now, Wisconsin has the record for being the political body with the longest ban on capitol punishment in the history of the WORLD, so I'm pretty sad to see this. Luckily, the one on the death penalty is not automatic, just a poll.