Sony Killed Lik-Sang

Gryph

What do you expect from an electronics giant that the average dumbass Joe has given the bloated head to think their products are high end? (When anyone who knows better, knows their crap is entry level and only high end to the average consumer).

Sony thinks they're King, and for good reason. Most people out there think so too.

Glad to see the idea of a boycott from some of you, but 70% of the earth is water.......and 70% of peoples heads are full of air. Won't help any, Average Joe still thinks Sony rules and knows nothing about the shoddy business practices they have. They're more cut-throat than Microsoft could ever be.

What leg did Sony have to stand on in this case? All PSPs sold complied to all EU guidlines.. damnit. This is ridiculous.

Having said that, its unfair to say most peoples heads are empty. A boycott, especially against a giant like Sony, is a more than a bit misguided. If you think itll change anything that is.

Earlier today, Lik-Sang announced that it's closing its doors after losing an IPR lawsuit laid against the company by Sony. Along with the announcement, Lik-Sang also released a statement, which included a juicy little tidbit that listed a veritable who's who of SCEE execs who bought PSP hardware and software from Lik-Sang. Now, we've gotten word that Sony is crying foul and has denied any responsibility for the online retailer's demise, accusing Lik-Sang of sour graping.

In a statement issued to GamesIndustry.biz, Sony claimed, "Lik-Sang did not contest this case (i.e. they did not turn up and therefore incurred no legal costs). We have been awarded substantial costs against Lik-Sang which have not been paid."

"We would therefore strongly deny that our actions have had anything to do with this website closing (we assume the legal entity is still trading), and would suggest that this release is sour grapes on behalf of Lik-Sang which is aimed to belittle Sony Computer Entertainment and the British judicial system that found against them," the statement further reads.

Regarding the issue of SCE executives purchasing imported PSP hardware and software from Lik-Sang, Sony responded by saying, "The purchasing of PSP consoles by SCE employees would be for investigatory purposes. We would also like to express our surprise at a company releasing personal information about its consumers, as this is contrary to data protection principles around the world."

While Sony seems to be taking the higher ground in this post-courtroom battle of words, Lik-Sang has yet to respond or reveal more about the alleged business deals that the company had with SCEE execs. Lik-Sang is also currently working overtime on cancelling and refunding all of the existing orders that they have in their books.

"Investigatory purposes" my ass. :P

Edited by Mooney

Play Asia has taken the safe step by not shipping to EU.

Play Asia only cater to Asia and US market.

actually, I prefer PA over Lik Sang. I always think that LS site is not so user friendly and they are not so customer friendly. PA is very customer oriented, always ready to answer your questions and request.

I even have a request to split my shipment and they do it for free!