North Korea in pictures

Agozer

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82755

It's unbelievable how cut off they are from the rest of the world... Well, there have been a FEW improvements over the years, but not much to celebrate about.

This makes me sad, literally. Makes you appreciate what you have on a whole different level. No joke.

North Koreans are always amazed when they see a white man.
:D Yet minority ethnicities around here might tremble in fear. :lol:

Anyway, I thought this was interesting. It's as if we learn a little thing or two about North Korea each year.

Is it true that Kim Jong Il is obsessed with American Culture?

yup,

the guy has like every single movie ever made.

I'm sorry though, but forgive me if i'm skeptical.

the comments are trying to lead your thoughts on the pictures, quite honestly, all that he's saying could be fake.

i mean seriously weirdy said it best.

Edited by Elazul Yagami

Too much to accept, eh?

We have seen documentaries of North Korea, and they have huge statues and wall carvings of the "beloved leader" everywhere, and they are basically still living in the 1950's. They live in the most awful poverty and don't know that it could be different. They are taught the rest of the world is bad and out to kill them.

One day, who knows when, they will emerge from their dark ages - and be utterly amazed.

no, it's not that it's "too much to accept" it's that i've lived in places, where there are documentaries and pictures, and sources...etc about how the place is a certain way, and yet when i lived in them, they were NOTHING like the docs and pics and articles said.

i take things with a grain of salt, and quite honestly, i don't trust any source that tries to lead your thought.

edit:

and i mean, some of the comments are just bs like

"during the day the elevator didn't work for 15 mins"

"View from the monument, besides the pretty view you can also see the dead birds."

oh jeez, that must be a terrible country, how can an elevator not work for a whole 15 mins! come to think of it, that happened to me in Germany... and in france... and in egypt... and in the usa... wow, the whole world sucks! and dead birds? you mean to tell me birds aren't immortal?

you can see my sense of sarcasm.

i'm not defending N.Korea, in my eyes, any and all tyrants can go to freakin hell.

Edited by Elazul Yagami

how can an elevator not work for a whole 15 mins! come to think of it, that happened to me in Germany... and in france... and in egypt... and in the usa... wow, the whole world sucks!

Sooo.... Elevators cease to work when you approach them?

how can an elevator not work for a whole 15 mins! come to think of it, that happened to me in Germany... and in france... and in egypt... and in the usa... wow, the whole world sucks!

Sooo.... Elevators cease to work when you approach them?

you know how there's a 5% chance of an elevator not working right at any moment?

well, i'm that 5 % :P