Best P2P

Mooney

Does anyone know of a good P2P client that isn't completely filled with viruses (Limewire, Bearshare, KaZaa) where I can download just about the same stuff? I like using P2P, but Limewire and Bearshare put so much crap on my PC, like KeyLoggers and Trojans... :P

Does anyone know of a good P2P client that isn't completely filled with viruses (Limewire, Bearshare, KaZaa) where I can download just about the same stuff? I like using P2P, but Limewire and Bearshare put so much crap on my PC, like KeyLoggers and Trojans...  :blink:

I use BearShare Lite 5.2.1 and LimeWire Pro 4.9.29

I believe the Lite and Pro versions mean they have no spyware included with the clients. :P

If you mean the set up files filling your computer with crap, easy, don't use p2p and learn the wonders of bittorent and google. If you mean the files that you download, all p2p programs have files that bring in keyloggers and trogans and viruses, even bittorent has this problem at times.

I use BearShare Lite 5.2.1 and LimeWire Pro 4.9.29

I believe the Lite and Pro versions mean they have no spyware included with the clients.  :lol:

Oh poor, innocent garyoak, little do you know... :P I also use BearShare Pro 5.2.1.2, but I still got 2 Trojans, 1 worm, and 3 keyloggers.

I do use bittorrent (Azureus and BitLord) but it takes much longer to dl things, and there's a wider selection of files on P2P. I just wish there was a P2P client that filtered out the viruses and spyware... :(

p.s.

This is my 100th post!! :blink:

Edited by Mooney

Oh poor, innocent garyoak, little do you know...  :P  I also use BearShare Pro 5.2.1.2, but I still got 2 Trojans, 1 worm, and 3 keyloggers.

I do use bittorrent (Azureus and BitLord) but it takes much longer to dl things, and there's a wider selection of files on P2P. I just wish there was a P2P client that filtered out the viruses and spyware...  :lol:

Wait! I said BearShare LITE NOT Pro! :blink:

What about LimeWire Pro 4.9.29?

Yes, I have run into viruses while downloading files off of P2P programs like those but those special files are usually very rare applications like tax programs.

Really? I find it easier to find large files in.torrent format.

DC++? I'll give it a try!

Wait! I said BearShare LITE NOT Pro!  :blink:

What about LimeWire Pro 4.9.29?

Yes, I have run into viruses while downloading files off of P2P programs like those but those special files are usually very rare applications like tax programs.

No matter the Lite or Pro, BS and LW fill your PC with major $hit. When I used Limewire Lite and Pro before, I got 2 worms, 1 keylogger, and about 10 entries of other spyware. Viruses rare? I think not! And viruses are not always in tax software. I noticed that at least 1 file shows up for every search I do, and it's always THE SAME EXACT SIZE. Suspicious, no? :P And once I dl'd an mp3, and when I tried to play it, a thousand pop-ups came up and I had to manually turn off my PC to get them to stop. Limewire sucks, period.

Edited by Mooney

DC++ rules over everything Oh and the client can manage hublists on it's own; you don't have to go to hublist website just to look for lists.

Yes; but one unique problem with using Direct Connect is that unlike other P2P programs; the hubs may require you share a certain quota before you can even enter! These minimum requirements may be very high like 50 GB! :P