Windows Update Genuine crap at it again

Prican25

ok so the other day i was gonna check for any updates and it made me d/l that genuine crap which i already had and disable since the old thread but now this one won't allow me to disable it and detecting the not legit key :P

googled around but just leads me to the disabling trick which is useless now so anyone found a way around this?

So if you don't have a not so genuine key, what happens now? (ex: Computer won't boot, what?)

You're not allowed to download security updates.

Wow, I would have thought that Microsoft would disable the computers and make them call their support line to buy the product or something to that extent to unlock it. Bill is too nice with you guys. :P

So if you don't have a not so genuine key, what happens now? (ex: Computer won't boot, what?)

Wow, I would have thought that Microsoft would disable the computers and make them call their support line to buy the product or something to that extent to unlock it. Bill is too nice with you guys. :P

Hey hey hey, don't look at me. My key is legit. 8) Tomorrow I shall download the new updates. :P:lol:

i got legit keys but they aren't compatible with the corp version of xp :P

and right now i'm just trying to clean out what i can so i can unraid the 2 hdds and use my sata hdd for a fresh copy of xp with the legit key :lol:

You can still get the important updates by turning on auto updates.

I have seen on torrent sites that there might be another patch that has been said to work. I cannot test it since my Windows XP is legit :P

Change your security settings to not allow Active X controls to be run without permission on ANY site.

Allow the first one for checking/installing the control, disallow the second (Which leads to the actual check)and you're home free.