GeForce 4 MX440 8X 64 MB DDR TV-OUT

Jjangthekid

You may need to upgrade your power supply, lots of modern video cards require a 500w(v? iunno) power supply, and I bet yours is only around 430. That could be the problem or a defective video card, check out the requirements for the VIDEO CARD first -- compare them to your system. If everything's okay, then you probably have a defective card.

Its definately not his powersupply, since that card doesnt use that much current. If it was the PSU, the entire system would be unstable all the time, not only during games.

The latest drivers won't be too much help for the card either, since they have stopped supporting it since the old detonator driver days.

Did you install the drivers over the top of the old ones? If you did, that can sometimes stuff it up so try uninstalling your drivers and then run driver cleaner to remove all registry instances of the old drivers. Then reinstall the new ones.

And if that fails, weirdy is right, get another card. Even an ATI 9550 would give you a massive increase in fps, and they retail at around 80 dollars australian, around 50 bucks US.

Well obviously >_> Thanks for the great support =[.

This is the best I can do so far but I found out that my other computer parts aren't that "good," enough to support GeForce 4 (shows how ancient my computer parts are).

Well I decided to use Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro, the one that I'm using right now. When I try to play Call of Duty, it brings up an error message saying that my video card is missing a function, something like that. I know my computer meets the requirements for the game and have also played the demo.

So I went to Nvidia.com and downloaded the latest driver for my card and I first uninstalled the previous one and installed the new one. However whenever I try to run the setup, it states that my hardware is "wrong," and my drivers are incorrect... Hm..

Well I decided to use Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro, the one that I'm using right now.  When I try to play Call of Duty, it brings up an error message saying that my video card is missing a function, something like that.  I know my computer meets the requirements for the game and have also played the demo. 

Don't know the exact requirements for Call of Duty, though it may need a card with pixel shaders or hardware transform and lighting. I dunno if the tnt2 has any of those.

Also, just because you can play the demo fine doesn't neccessarily eman you can play the full game properly. My 6600gt played the FEAR demo pretty well, but is seriously struggling when i play the full game on the same settings.

Well obviously >_>  Thanks for the great support =[. 

This is the best I can do so far but I found out that my other computer parts aren't that "good," enough to support GeForce 4 (shows how ancient my computer parts are). 

Well I decided to use Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro, the one that I'm using right now.  When I try to play Call of Duty, it brings up an error message saying that my video card is missing a function, something like that.  I know my computer meets the requirements for the game and have also played the demo. 

So I went to Nvidia.com and downloaded the latest driver for my card and I first uninstalled the previous one and installed the new one.  However whenever I try to run the setup, it states that my hardware is "wrong," and my drivers are incorrect... Hm..

Dude, what you did is ablsolute blasphamy. Removing a bad card for an even crappier card is way, well, stupid.

COD requires a

• 3D Hardware Accelerator Card required – 100% DirectX® 9.0a compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and drivers*

• Pentium® III 700 or Athlon™processor or higher

• English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP

• 128MB of RAM

• 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers

• 181MB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 200MB for Windows swap file)

• 100% DirectX® 9.0a compatible 16 bit sound card and drivers

• 100% Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers

• DirectX® 9.0a (not included)

Important Note: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Call Of Duty. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0 compatibility.

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:

• ATI® Radeon 7200, 8500, 9000, 9500, 9700, 9800

• All nVidia® GeForce™ chipsets

The reason why I took out the GeForce 4 was because the game freezes and unfreezes during gameplay and so I tried to play it with the TNT2. However they sent me an email saying that TNT2 isn't supported.

So I decided to upgrade my ram and get a cheap video card.

Thanks for the help though K'Dash.