Compiling

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ui.mak

The line is obvious. Just add a backslash to the end, like the other lines have, and uncomment it.

edit:

i've got mame32 "working" on win95. Just a matter of commenting out the multimonitor support code in properties.c

The problem occurs because win95/nt doesn't support multiple monitors, therefore the windows kernel code doesn't exist.

For some reason the screen isn't completely filled (black border), but I'm not going to spend much time finding out why.

I'm planning on getting through work the latest all-singing HP computer at a discounted price. I don't know what the fastest available processor is, but it's what I'm intending to get. The only thing I don't know is when. After that, I won't need to run mame on win95 any more.

Another strange thing: this pc (w2k), and the win95 pc both run at 500mhz. This one has 512mb of ram, win95 pc has 256mb. Yet, neogeo games run at 5fps on this one, and 19fps on the win95. Yesterday I found a Japanese mame that runs neogeo at 60fps on this pc. Most interesting.

Win98 and win2000 should work ok on the 500mhz pc.

The Japanese mame might be useing an very old mame core. Which might explain why.

I get 60fps with neogeo on my P3 733mhz 320mb ram which has windows xp.

Did you know windows 95 cannot read higher than 32mb of ram ?

That's good speed for a 733, you've done well.

The japanese mame has text consisting mostly of question marks and square boxes. I believe it's running on mame 0.37 beta 16... if that makes sense to you. It's got kof2003 so someone's been busy.

Win95, 32 mb? I believe that only applies to the early version. Even dos 6.2 can see 64mb. Mine shows all 256mb, and the motherboard cannot take any more.

I was told something like that from a guy who deals with PC's

From what I understand of it. It may see 256mb but can only use 32. Please do not quote on that though.

I never really looked into it to be sure.

Is your PC with 95 a socket 7 ( P1 ) or a slot 1 (P2 ) mother board. If it is a slot 1 I cannot understand why it has win95 on it. Most PC's that were slot 1 had windows 98 by default.

That's good speed for a 733, you've done well.

The japanese mame has text consisting mostly of question marks and square boxes. I believe it's running on mame 0.37 beta 16... if that makes sense to you. It's got kof2003 so someone's been busy.

Win95, 32 mb? I believe that only applies to the early version. Even dos 6.2 can see 64mb. Mine shows all 256mb, and the motherboard cannot take any more.

go to microsoft's site to download language packs for asian characters :D