Windows Vista

yeah, i got everything up and running, and i would have to say i dont really like it, Not because of things that dont work, because there arent too many problems in that area, but its WAYYYY too graphical, its just rediculous, it hogs soooo much memory, You can do crazy things like turn your windows 3d and rotate them around, theres just no point, Also, a problem that started in windows XP, they are trying to make it WAY to easy too use, its SO easy to use, its confusing, and just weird, there so many subcategories for things and their organization to help you find things makes no sense.

i guess its fun to have, but its not replacing XP anytime soon.

yeah, i got everything up and running, and i would have to say i dont really like it, Not because of things that dont work, because there arent too many problems in that area, but its WAYYYY too graphical, its just rediculous, it hogs soooo much memory, You can do crazy things like turn your windows 3d and rotate them around, theres just no point, Also, a problem that started in windows XP, they are trying to make it WAY to easy too use, its SO easy to use, its confusing, and just weird, there so many subcategories for things and their organization to help you find things makes no sense.

i guess its fun to have, but its not replacing XP anytime soon.

You are expecting too much from a beta.

Beta...does not represent the final product. As James said, you expected too much from the beta. For christ sake, most of it is still work in progress and requires ALOT of tweaking.

If you read the hardware requirements of that Vista thingy, my new comp (8 weeks old) is just enough to run that Windows. I doubt it will be a success shortly. Everyone on XP turned that colorstuff off quickly when they used earlier versions before, so besides more colors and some new search functions, i doubt it will have anything really new. I for my part will stay with XP as long as its possible. It works and runs fine on my machine now.

I'm going o stick with XP at least for the next 4-6 or so years.

Why ? XP is getting old now. In 4-6 years it will be like owning windows 95.

That might be, but then again, I had to live with my older computer for 8 years with a mix of Win95/98, and thought that Windows 98 is still a very viable option. I'm quite sure it will be the same with XP.