another import disapointment

I just got this game the other day and i must say i am very diapointed. I knew going in basically it was the same ol KOF just with some new art work and on diff hardware, but the disapointing part is the same ole sprites except they are smoothed for the diff hardware and the ps2 i assume. We all have these gripes on most of the 2D fighters that come out nowadays that are built on ageing franchises,"why do they use the same ole sprites?"

I mean is it really that hard to redraw your characters with fresh designs or out fits?

The 2 biggest franchises that are guilty of this are of course Street Fighter 2 and Most SNK games. I was gonna say KOF but most SNK games are guilty of this as well. So I pose this question to you guys, if u could redesign any of your fav fighting game characters, how would u do it? If u got the talent draw em up and post it. If not just write a verbal description. Just to keep it interesting if u could make one from scracth tell us about him/her or it lol.

yea i recently grabbed the japanese version for ps2 and its bad overall.

it handles well the game itself is poorly done much like what capcom did to capcom fighting evolution where it feels pointless to play it after 30mins or so.

i hope the next one will be better cuz right now, kof:mi has more replay value then neowave.

How is the game play?

2k2

yea i recently grabbed the japanese version for ps2 and its bad overall.

it handles well the game itself is poorly done much like what capcom did to capcom fighting evolution where it feels pointless to play it after 30mins or so.

i hope the next one will be better cuz right now, kof:mi has more replay value then neowave.

Very true. This game is only for those who are into competetive KOF and now casual folk. As seen in Japan because it's still on the top 10.

i actually saw how bad the graphix were the first time i saw it. its amazing how nice GGX can look on atmoswave yet Neowave looks like old school KOF 94 status. ok not that bad, but u know what i mean.

GGX and GGXX were originally Naomi games. Sammy has practically ditched their own hardware in favor of Sega's Naomi GD-Rom seeing how Guilty Gear XX Slash is going to be released on it. Don't worry though, because compaies like SNK and Sammy published games (TFR2 for exmaple) will still be on it.

I still find it funny. While I was the only one (at the time) to play it and claim this, everyone was like "OH DON'T WORRY LIKE THAT." Eat sheit folks. I was right.

:D just play kof on your pc , there isnt anything good about it

WTF are you on , KOF is a good franchise >_<

SF maybe good , but capcom hasnt released a new SF since Third Strike , and CFJ wasnt that great :(

So... I suppose rehashed garbage year after year is better then a company taking their time with each new release?