Today is a big day...

Gryph

Today is my first medical school interview. I'm not expecting to get this admission but atleast I got an interview call so that's good enough. It's not the end of the world if I don't get it, since this is only a special early acceptance program. I have atleast 1.5 years till I have to go through the regular process.

I feel like I'm about to jump off a cliff. But I'm going to try to own them! :P The worst part is to have to wear a suit, it's so flocking uncomfortable. I hope it doesn't last too long.

It was more relaxed than I expected though. They asked me what my favorite movie and book were. I thought that was really odd because it was after the question "What is your stance on abortion?"

It was more relaxed than I expected though. They asked me what my favorite movie and book were. I thought that was really odd because it was after the question "What is your stance on abortion?"

And what was your answer? Mine would have been something along the lines of "I don't have one, the issue is of a social nature, not professional."

Oh god, I could NOT have answered that question like that. It is of a professional nature. I've been asked that question by three separate interview committees. I stated the question wrong here, they asked that as a doctor what would you do if someone came to you for an abortion. I started by saying that I believe it's a woman's right to choose. I said that I would try to dissuade the woman from doing it if she was not at risk. And also that I would only do upto what the law allowed. But then I ended by saying that I wouldn't specialize in a field that required me to do it. Overall it was a very diplomatic answer. Gave them what they wanted to hear (patient's rights) but also didn't give them enough to find out where exactly I stand.

I said my favorite movie was Airplane! which is actually my 2nd or 3rd. I didn't want to say Pulp Fiction, which is my actual favorite movie, for some odd reason... I said my favorite book is Moby Dick, which it is.