This is for all the Nintendo-hating idiots

Gryph

One thing I have noticed while reading forums is that lots of people like to claim that the Revolution will be Nintendo's last console because they're just so out of it now and can't compete with Sony and Microsoft. Many say Nintendo should just give up and that they are the next Sega.

Well...Nintendo had profits of $809 million US dollars (87.42 billion yen). That's right, PROFIT. Overall sales were $4.77 billion with $2.39 billion coming from North America. Of course, most of it from handheld sales but that has garnered them enough to stay afloat and make a machine that doesn't only try to push the graphics end of the spectrum.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/26/news_6126572.html

Discuss. I had no idea they did this well.

Go Nintendo! :thumbsdown:

Seriously, I was very disappointed in the GameCube. I hope they win the next round, especially with the feature to download games from previous systems (perfect emulation :D).

I've never owned a Nintendo console in my life (with the exception of the Gameboy), but the big N is still one of my favorite companies.

The last great console I remember Nintendo making was the Super Nintendo. For me, it all went downhill from there. However, I still own a Gamboy Color, Gameboy Advance and, soon a Nintendo DS.

It's kind of funny, I always thought of Sony Playstion (then ps2, hopefully ps3) as a much better successor to the super nintendo name. :S

Edited by Nusumenai

All the morons out there that hate on Nintendo and say they turn out nothing but "Kiddy" games, are just the new wave of stupid little kids, who have been brainwashed by the companies that weren't around back in the day when it actually took talent to make a game.

Games don't have to be gorey, violent or have sexual themes to be fun.

Oh, and of the big 3 that there are now.......ONLY Nintendo has experience before the 32bit era.

Gimme a break with the "Nintendo is for kids" crap, you just don't know what a good game is, you only know how to be a brainwashed little sheep, who thinks because a game has violence or nudity, it makes it good.

On a side note, there are a few games for Gamecube that would make you little kiddies crap your pants. Anyone played Eternal Darkness? Play that crap at midnight, in the dark, for the first time. I guarantee you anyone under the age of 18 will have some form of a nightmare.