Nintendo's Revolution Begins!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we actually seen any concrete specs yet? Cause for those of you saying it's going to be far less powerful than Xbox 360 or the PS3.......

Something I read a couple days ago stated that a company having something to do with it's development said it will be running FOUR 2.5Ghz IBM G5 Custom cores, the Xbox 360..........3 at 3.2 GHz. The simple math says Revolution = faster.

Of course one component essentially means nothing, but both systems are running PowerPC cores. Makes em like siblings.

No concrete specs. The press event was like "here is the Revolution and we'll tell you more stuff later."

Have we actually seen any concrete specs yet? Cause for those of you saying it's going to be far less powerful than Xbox 360 or the PS3.......

Something I read a couple days ago stated that a company having something to do with it's development said it will be running FOUR 2.5Ghz IBM G5 Custom cores, the Xbox 360..........3 at 3.2 GHz. The simple math says Revolution = faster.

Of course one component essentially means nothing, but both systems are running PowerPC cores. Makes em like siblings.

No concrete specs. The press event was like "here is the Revolution and we'll tell you more stuff later."

Nice, so they either have something crazy up their sleeves (A controller? I don't care what it brings that is so "new" or "cool" it's still just the controller!) or they're scared that they didn't do enough with their new system.

I think it goes without saying that I really love Nintendo, and to hell with all the new age little bastards who weren't around in the days when it was just the big N and Sega duking it out, and have no respect for a well made game and just want to see violence and nudity.........in my world, Sony and Microsoft are outsiders. But I still own an Xbox :)

Actually, and I could be wrong here, but I don't think you can just add the cpu speeds together and get the comparison. Especially when dealing with multiple cores, how they're used and how they work together becomes extremely important to the practical "power" of the machine. So, even if those are the actual specs, it may not mean it's "stronger." I'm not trying to be an arse, but I'm just saying..

Actually, and I could be wrong here, but I don't think you can just add the cpu speeds together and get the comparison. Especially when dealing with multiple cores, how they're used and how they work together becomes extremely important to the practical "power" of the machine. So, even if those are the actual specs, it may not mean it's "stronger." I'm not trying to be an arse, but I'm just saying..

Maybe you should re-read my post, I believe I said "The simple math", I'm no dummy, I know doing the 2+2 thing doesn't = 4 in every case. Especially a case like this. :P

Outside of that though, I'm willing to lay my money on 4 cores being more efficient than 3......making it the more powerful machine on that principle. But again, 2+2 doesn't necessarily = 4.