World Of Warcraft OFFLINE

L.S.D

Is there anyway of making a fake server to run off a modem so a few users can connect to it instead of starting a gake one on there PC? I mean, it would be nice to party with 3-4 people (dont know the party limit, FFXI = 6 people a party, 18 max in alliance).

All the serverside datas stored on your comp this way right? So.. could someone theoretically host? and others connect?

I honestly dun know. I dun have frens who share my hobbies in playing games (A lonely life in gaming :) )

I have copied the files to HDD. It's 2.52GB!! :P

Now, can someone tell me where can I load this up on the Web?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.5GB? Where can I just get the files and do it myself- I have the DVD version... dont want to dl all those gigs for no reason...

You can't.

But since you have the game, I can just send you the patch,

the crack and the fake server.

It is much easier to level in WoW than it is in FFXI. It is quite possible to solo to level 60, and do it in a reasonable amount of time, as well. There are monsters in the game labeled "elite", that are much harder for their level than other monsters, it is suggested that you fight them with a party. Many dungeons in the game are filled with elite monsters. Other than dungeons and PvP combat (the focii of the gamea), you don't need other players to play the game.

It's a great game, but I'm thinking it's not so good alone. :\ A major point of any MMO is player interaction, after all. You'd have much more fun playing online than alone, though playing alone is a good way to see if you want to pay the measly cost and play online.

I got wow a few weeks ago and have been addicted since.. but the thought of playing it offline is dumb. The whole fun factore of the game is the real players. weither it be getting 5 buds to go to a dungeon or playing pvp. The idea of just walking around alone would bore me to death. Now if there was a way to make a server that you and your local friends could connect to that would be cool :).. since it would be free lol.

Ok, I'm done.

I will send out the emails to those who are interested and worthy now.

How to be deemed worthy:

1. Regular member here (high post count)

2. Strictly for private use and no distribution.

If you manage to find way to host the fake server,

by all means, keep it to yourself (and your close knit frends).

3. Do not inform where you get this from.

Thank you.

EDIT: i am going off for the weekend right now. I will only mail out the links at Sunday night US time.

Edited by L.S.D

2.5GB? Where can I just get the files and do it myself- I have the DVD version... dont want to dl all those gigs for no reason...

You can't.

But since you have the game, I can just send you the patch,

the crack and the fake server.

how big is just the patch, crack, and fake server?

So, whose downloaded 9 gigs lately? Or at all? And these just being one file. No one? Didn't think so. 2 gigs is weak sauce.