Nintendo's Revolution is dead..

I assume that most Nintendo fans agree that the Revolution will be Nintendo's reawakening, fixing past mistakes. A new interview at IGN with one of the main dudes at Nintendo has confirmed it...Revolution is the last home console for Nintendo. In my opinion of course.

Click Here for the Horror

Here are some quotes:

"If the next generation platforms are going to create even more gorgeous looking games using further enhanced functionality, and if that next-gen market can still expand the games industry, then I'm afraid that third-parties may not support Nintendo," he said.

"On the other hand, what we are trying to do is such a different thing, and people have come to realize that the approach we have taken with Nintendo DS can actually expand the market beyond what existing platforms can do. Therefore I believe there should be more third parties who are willing to support Nintendo's new ideas."

Iwata once more compared Revolution to Nintendo DS, and said that like its portable the machine could gain the eye of consumers who normally don't care about games.

IDIOTS!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup1::P:banghead:

I think it is awsome. They are the only ones who are trying to create something different. Hopefully, and i do mean hopefully, they dont create a system that will take time to develop for. If that comes, not many developers will create for it. Just like the the N64, but thats because of the format they chosen which led to $ issues. Awsome system, but it costed some to develop and not enough 3rd parties.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

If they want to succeed, they will need to offer different options for developers. Offer what other consoles will be able to do (LIKE ONLINE, geeshhh). That and then some, meaning their new fun way to play games. E3 will be very important for Big N.

As a gamer, and hopefully all of u agree, i would like for them to succeed, plus microsoft & sony. Each one brings something different to the table, and i for one like variety. :punk:

They need to make sure they focus on the mainstream gamer foremost. If they try and make alot of sweeping changes and such, then it's going to probably lead to disaster. Granted, most gamers like new technological advances in a new system, but there can be too much. I haven't been a strong supporter of Nintendo since the SNES days, and with their track record of late, exception being the GBA, I see them trailing Sony and Microshaft for good.

I don't see anything in that interview to be worried about.

the guy is alittle pessimistic, but he has a reason to be. 3rd party developers haven't been beating down the big N's door since the snes days. nintendo has always been about quality over quantity. that scares off the crappy devs.

I agree with you, execept for the Sony part. They can leave the market for all I care. They got so many sub-divisions it's like they can own their very own planet.

N has been making some changes, sure their base is primairly First Party, but if it makes money, they'll ask for it. Which is what Mymototaotakoods said in an interview. Possible chance for GTA on GC? Suuuurrrrre. Their starting the follow the in crowd without losing the mass appeal of Quality over Quanity. Which is what I love. How many crappy games have come out on the Xbox and PS2? Tons! How many crappy games that came out on Gamecube that doesn't look too damn kiddy because your a fscking dork? Many!

I win.

No matter what you say. I still win.

If Nintendo didn't have it's rules, with it's ease of development would have made 3rd parties breaking their doors down.

The problem is with the revolution is that Nintendo is doing their marketing incorrectly. I'm taking international business as my major and I do know a few things about this subject.

First of all the market should be homogenous. Nintendo is aiming for the 1yr old - 99 yr old market, making it very difficult for them to appeal directly to the consumers they are aiming at, because they're so diverse.

Second, Nintendo isn't aiming for what the market wants, they try to find things that haven't been done before but may be appealing. That's great in but Nintendo has failed to live up to their innovation arguments failing in such accessories as the GameBoy Player, E-Card Reader, GBA/GCN link cable, dual screen handheld and so forth.

Thirdly, they seem to be aiming at people who DO NOT normally play videogames instead of people who eat, sleep, breath, and drink the stuff. It's almost like aiming to sell personal computers to the elderly...they know they want to get their PC on.

Fourth, because of these logistics, they fail to misinterpret their own goods in how the public will use them. For example, with the Cube they said right off the bat that they won't need 3rd Party support to survive. Then they made that crappy 59 block memory card because most nintendo games don't need that much space. Then came all the sports games and others that required so much storage, it wasn't there and then we get wash downed versions of these games and less support as well.

I've had the SNES, NES, Gameboy Pocket, Cube, GBA, but it's the end of the line with my Nintendo support. I trusted them to oust PS awhile back with the N64...didn't happen. I wanted them to take back the market with the cube...nothing. I wanted them to tell Sony to "STFU we rule the handheld market." they come out with the DS.

Sorry Nintendo, your going to be the next Sega...although Sega is much better.