what's wrong with my computer

Ryuken

maybe it's normal or what ever but when ever i try to do something that might use alot of cpu power, then my computer would shut down. i was trying to convert 2 mpeg file so i can burn them on a dvd but in the middle of converting the computer just shut down, and also when i'm playing Cs, the game would close it self after a few hours of playing, so what"s wrong, something with my power supply?? cause it sux, u know the switch on the back of the power sully?, well i can't push the button all the way to on, i have to make it just right ro it doesn't go all the way to on and if i even tab or touch the button, the power cut off, so could this be the power sully, like the cpu needs more power and then power supply does something weird so the computer restart????

CPU could be over-heating. You can check it by downloading a program called speedfan, it will tell you the CPU temp. If it exceeds about 60 deg C, you have a problem.

That doesn't work on some motherboard brands. Same goes with MBM.

CPU could be over-heating. You can check it by downloading a program called speedfan, it will tell you the CPU temp. If it exceeds about 60 deg C, you have a problem.

That doesn't work on some motherboard brands. Same goes with MBM.

But at least he can try it.