Damn.

Cominus

oh so thats what scabies are HAHA i usaully call them crabs or something :P

Crabs and scabies are a bit different. Crabs just infect like hairy areas, and scabies go anywhere period. They're like fleas, except they burro into the skin and they cuase shyt loads of irritaion and stuff. Im not sure where I got them from, I've had it for like 2 months now, I had some permithrin but the bed kerp reinfecting me so I got a new matris and but plastic over it and so I went to mexico to get some stuff and they gave me lindane, it turns out the stuff is dangerous and is like banned in 17 countries, Gryph can you find out some more stuff on lindane for me?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/me used his advanced degree in Googleolgy. Observe.

Scabies

(SKAY-bees)

What is scabies?

Scabies is an infestation of the skin with the microscopic mite Sarcoptes scabei. Infestation is common, found worldwide, and affects people of all races and social classes. Scabies spreads rapidly under crowded conditions where there is frequent skin-to-skin contact between people, such as in hospitals, institutions, child-care facilities, and nursing homes.

What are the signs and symptoms of scabies infestation?

Pimple-like irritations, burrows or rash of the skin, especially the webbing between the fingers; the skin folds on the wrist, elbow, or knee; the censor, the breast, or shoulder blades.

Intense itching, especially at night and over most of the body.

Sores on the body caused by scratching. These sores can sometimes become infected with bacteria.

How did I get scabies?

By direct, prolonged, skin-to-skin contact with a person already infested with scabies. Contact must be prolonged (a quick handshake or hug will usually not spread infestation). Infestation is easily spread to sexual partners and household members. Infestation may also occur by sharing clothing, towels, and bedding.

Dude, Lindane is dangerous. It's a carcinogen.

nyplindane.gif

You can read more about it here: http://www.headlice.org/faq/treatments/whatslindane.htm

I got these from there:

For starters it is consistently ranked among the top chemicals of concern by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.  By any other name, lindane is the 99% pure gamma isomer of hexachlorocyclohexane.

All three countries [uS, Mexico, and Canada] continue to allow pharmaceutical lindane use for pediculosis, lice, and scabies treatment. In Mexico, lindane is used mainly on livestock and as a seed insecticide for soil pest control. The 2002 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Re-registration Eligibility Decision allows lindane to be used as seed treatment for six grain crops: corn, wheat, barley, oats, rye, and sorghum. All remaining agricultural uses of lindane in Canada will stop on December 31, 2004.

Dude, Lindane is dangerous. It's a carcinogen.

nyplindane.gif

You can read more about it here: http://www.headlice.org/faq/treatments/whatslindane.htm

I got these from there:

For starters it is consistently ranked among the top chemicals of concern by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.  By any other name, lindane is the 99% pure gamma isomer of hexachlorocyclohexane.

All three countries [uS, Mexico, and Canada] continue to allow pharmaceutical lindane use for pediculosis, lice, and scabies treatment. In Mexico, lindane is used mainly on livestock and as a seed insecticide for soil pest control. The 2002 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Re-registration Eligibility Decision allows lindane to be used as seed treatment for six grain crops: corn, wheat, barley, oats, rye, and sorghum. All remaining agricultural uses of lindane in Canada will stop on December 31, 2004.

Thats the place where I found out it was toxic. I mean't like an insider thing since you're like in the lab place.