Show off your modded xbox! /controllers

Madi

I have a thompson and mine just plain crap. Example - thrown in a brand new disc today, completely - brand new, literally took the wrapper off and into the tray, It didnt work, reading errors... It also did exactly the same behaviour several months after I bought the unit brand new with another brand new disc.

No wonder why I leech warez, thanks M$!!!.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an older Thomson and it still works just fine... BUT since I have a 250 GB HDD it rarely gets any use since I run all my games/software off the HDD. I use it to rip games from time to time, but never for actually playing a game.

dude I got a thompson and I don't know what people are complaining about. sure it only reads cd-rw but it reads every dvd-r I've thrown at it. my sisters phillips drive won't read 80 percent of my discs. I still haven't figured out what dvd-r brand to get for her xbox. I hear the philips only reads dvd+r if so that sucks

I've worked on some friends XBoxs that had Philips drives and haven't had any issues getting them to read DVD-R. I was using Ritek DVD-Rs at the time. I've since switched to Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs, but haven't had the opportunity to try them on a Phillips drive yet.

• 2 weeks later...

is that a real crystal case or one of those 20 dollar after market ones? all those mold circles looks pretty crappy

you'd figure they woulda reworked the mold so the circles were less noticable. anyways I like the special edition white xbox better. clear electronics always remind me of the early 90's when everyone had a swatch watch. lol