Halo 2

valovedder

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't tweak the mouse sensitivity settings at all. The highest setting (10) was still way too slow.

This I can sort of agreee on as well... It's pretty weird. At least it supports the high resolutions --> 1280x1024 baby!

I still don't understand the fuss over Halo.  It's a nice FPS, but it's basically the tried and true formula.  It doesn't really introduce anything spectacular and new, and it's not even as complete as some of its competitors (like UT).

I think the fuss comes from that fact that it uses the tried and true formula PERFECTLY. It mastered what it was and thus made it spectacular. I am not a Halo junkie by any means, but I do enjoy the serious for being a perfect, albeit simple, FPS.

Anon.

they had put the Gta3 and vice city for xbox. so they should put Halo games on Ps2 :)

Halo1 + halo2 would look like utter crap on the ps2's outdated graphics... GTA3 is a perfect example of this.

IT'S A RIPOFF OF RED FACTION DAMMIT!

Halo > RedFaction

Yeah i cant wait... this game is gona be a blast on xblive.... :punk:

I still don't understand the fuss over Halo.  It's a nice FPS, but it's basically the tried and true formula.  It doesn't really introduce anything spectacular and new, and it's not even as complete as some of its competitors (like UT).

I think the fuss comes from that fact that it uses the tried and true formula PERFECTLY. It mastered what it was and thus made it spectacular. I am not a Halo junkie by any means, but I do enjoy the serious for being a perfect, albeit simple, FPS.

Anon.

That's the argument I hear a lot, but even Halo junkies will admit that it's not quite. The weapons are rather imbalanced, even though there's not very many of them. There's only 1 or 2 maps anyone likes in a given gametype, etc.

I've always blamed it on a combination of two things:

First, console gamers don't have many options as far as FPS games go. There are some good ones, but few have the combination of really nice graphics, decent gameplay, and the Gargantuan Microsoft Hype Machine. Those three things got Halo more mass appeal in the huge and untapped console market than any FPS before it. It's worth noting that people who had a decent PC for the 2 or 3 years prior to Halo's release usually didn't think much of Halo (at least, after Microsoft bought it for their console anyway). So reason 1: Mass Appeal in a virgin market.

Second, never before had it been so easy for more than 4 likeminded console gamers to throw down. The "Halo Party" is essentially the same idea as the "traditional" FPSers Lan Party. The Difference: 4 drunken fratboys can setup a 16 player Halo Party in no time, assuming each comes equipped with an xbox and a case of beer. Even within the console market, this is relatively untapped ground, and Halo fits perfectly on the plot. Reason 2: It hits the same beer-and-pretzels crowd as Madden, while maintaining its appeal to the rest of consoledom, by including simple-fun multiplayer and making the new and exciting LAN party easily accessable for larger parties.

Agreed, Daeval. Agreed. That it is why it is loved so, and that is why Halo 2 is getting the uber hype it is getting.

The question is, though, should it get a 10. If it is mainstream, has fun and above-average gameplay, and never lets on its balance of being simple, yet difficult, and fun-factor, why should it receive a 10? If it doesn't, you won't see me crying bloody murder, though.

Anon.

I went to Circuit City today and saw this huge mock display of Master Chief, a big version of the box, and a whole bunch of pamphlets for people to take. This is insane amounts of advertising. I mean, let the game sell itself, it's worked great in the past.

I went to Circuit City today and saw this huge mock display of Master Chief, a big version of the box, and a whole bunch of pamphlets for people to take. This is insane amounts of advertising. I mean, let the game sell itself, it's worked great in the past.

This is microsoft we're talking about... They like to shove a product down as many throats as they can.