Virtua Fighter vs Tekken

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtua Fighter 4 and DOA 2 are the things in my collection. Sure, I like Tekken, but the characters in it feel a bit like wooden blocks...stiff, if you will. As for Virtua Fighter Vs. Tekken, I don't know how such a concept would work out, since these games are technically very different.

Tekken IMHO sucks.....the original used to be awesome but the new revision of it is too much of a button masher whereas Virtua Fighter requires more skill to actually defeat your opponent....

Tekken is a good game but compared to Virtua Fighter it lacks many features, which make Virtua Fighter an awesome fighting game...

That is my two cents on this matter :-D

Tekken IMHO sucks.....the original used to be awesome but the new revision of it is too much of a button masher whereas Virtua Fighter requires more skill to actually defeat your opponent....

Tekken is a good game but compared to Virtua Fighter it lacks many features, which make Virtua Fighter an awesome fighting game...

That is my two cents on this matter :-D

Hahah... button mashing. Funny. :P

Whats so funny about button mashing....its stupid and anyone who just mashes away at the buttons doesn't deserve to play fighting games :-D

Because Tekken 4 isn't button mashing, but then again u can button mash in ANY 3D fighter n do damage.

Whats so funny about button mashing....its stupid and anyone who just mashes away at the buttons doesn't deserve to play fighting games :P

Because Tekken 4 isn't button mashing, but then again u can button mash in ANY 3D fighter n do damage.

Well most of the people who I have seen play Tekken keep on mashing the punch button then the kick button and they call that a combo...:-D

Whats so funny about button mashing....its stupid and anyone who just mashes away at the buttons doesn't deserve to play fighting games :P

Well most of the people who I have seen play Tekken keep on mashing the punch button then the kick button and they call that a combo...:-D

That's cuz they suck. ;)

I would play it, don't know if I would like it, I have always liked 2d fighters much better.

Yes, I think Tekken games are susceptible to button mashing, and that is their major, major weakness. I also thought Tekken 4 was crap. Very pretty, but crap. I think Tekken Tag Tournament was by far the best. It was fast, the fights took a while to fight out (because of the tag team structure), and really cool combos were possible. It's a great game, as long as you don't button mash, or play against a button masher!!!

Tekken 4, on the other hand, has really boring fighting mechanics - where have all the lovely combos gone? The game is more poke n' prod, which sucks. Also, it is hard to do combos on some levels because of the obstructions.

I never got into VF...because the game just wasn't visceral enough. Lame excuse I know, but when you land a punch on your opponent, it doesn't look visceral enough, or heavy enough...instead of hitting a flesh and blood opponent, it feels like you are hitting a plastic dummy. It just doesn't feel *intense.* Other fighting games feel intense. You can really feel the pain when you hit someone in Tekken, or (uber example), Mortal Kombat. VF doesn't have that. Neither does DOA. DOA just has attractive floppies.

Soul Calibur is really cool. All this is just my twisted opinion, BTW.

Virutal Fighter 4 is not a button masher as I thought. It actually need skill. DoA 3 are just too damn technical, so just mash. Tekken, well, its Tekken. I never button mashed in that game. Never did. Just looked at the controls.