Cops seize $1,000,000 worth of counterfeit PS1...

Alpha

Editor's Note: Published on page A22 of the October 15, 2004 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

AROUND P100 million worth of counterfeit Sony Playstation units, discs and computer programs were seized during a raid of four storage facilities in Quezon City and Manila the past two days.

Acting on a complaint by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group raided three warehouses in Cubao and Ermita allegedly owned by Simon Chan and another person at the Tutuban Center on Recto Avenue.

The Japan-based company was irked and alarmed by the number of establishments faking its copyright items, particularly the popular Playstation and its games on CD format.

Police found 23 pieces of Playstation II CDs and thousands of assorted DVD games as well as controllers, memory cards, and CD writeables in Chan’s two warehouses in Cubao.

Chan's store at Robinson's Place in Ermita also yielded a huge number of counterfeit computer items and games.

Meanwhile, at the Dynamite Studio at the Tutuban Center, police found 26,930 pieces of fake PS games and 2,008 controllers.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10x more in other countries where there is infact no copyright.

That is still an unbelievable amount.

i think i found a good vacation spot!!!! lol

Now of days if your caught with any of that stuff in a US airport, you'll get a serious fine.

John Ashcroft lately has increased his fight on piracy, so watch out. :blink:

i think i found a good vacation spot!!!! lol

Now of days if your caught with any of that stuff in a US airport, you'll get a serious fine.

John Ashcroft lately has increased his fight on piracy, so watch out. :blink:

Lol, I can just see Ashcroft at the airport peering at the x-ray screen. Then with a cry of, "What's that, a counterfeit dual shock controller?" he starts jumping up and down on a suitcase.

Hahahahaha... now how much time will they get?

With corruption abound, I think it will only be a gentle slap on their hand. And everyone get on with their life. :(

If Thats All THey Go Then I'd Do It, Just Think Of The Money, I Mean I Bought A Kof Ex2: Howling Blood(Copied) For Gba, For Like 200-300 Vietnames Dollors, Which Comes To Like $20-$30, So Damn, Pretty Good Price For Both Sides.