Eyes burning, heart pumping...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u guys have a point, using kicks is risky, but the I was thinking of perfecting them so I could throw kicks faster and more often than punches; also I'm thinking like when I do a roundhouse I'm also blocking at the same time my chest with my fights; I dislike fist fights they are so not-cool;

I'm thinking of going all-out on kicks I mean, it's a longshot but I don't care since my only motivation was KoF at first hehehe;

question : how do u block a roundhouse kick?

answer : u block

problem : can it be completly blocked or does the guy who blocks take some kinda block damage? I mean if he blocks repeatedly he will eventually be unable to use his hands...

u guys have a point, using kicks is risky, but the I was thinking of perfecting them so I could throw kicks faster and more often than punches; also I'm thinking like when I do a roundhouse I'm also blocking at the same time my chest with my fights; I dislike fist fights they are so not-cool;

I'm thinking of going all-out on kicks I mean, it's a longshot but I don't care since my only motivation was KoF at first hehehe;

question : how do u block a roundhouse kick?

answer : u block

problem : can it be completly blocked or does the guy who blocks take some kinda block damage? I mean if he blocks repeatedly he will eventually be unable to use his hands...

I remember reading that Jujitsu has a lot of counters for kicks, punches and even throws. It is written that Jujitsu is the strongest martial art in the world. Maybe you can find what you want from there though. I remember reading they have moves that can hurt someone wearing armour without breaking the armour itself etc etc. And they have stances that can block punches, kicks, throws etc etc.

holy crap... if that's for real then I'm studying it; too bad Romania doesn't know crap about jujitsu...

worse i can't connect my brain to a floppy drive and insert a jujitsu diskette to learn it that way

question: are there self-teaching manuals on the net?

Edited by axl

I remember reading that Jujitsu has a lot of counters for kicks, punches and even throws. It is written that Jujitsu is the strongest martial art in the world. Maybe you can find what you want from there though. I remember reading they have moves that can hurt someone wearing armour without breaking the armour itself etc etc. And they have stances that can block punches, kicks, throws etc etc.

Juijutsu is technically just "hand to hand fighting." It's not really a specific style, it's the blanket japanese word that covers all the "jutsu"s, which later became the "do"s.

People like to add their own adjectives to the word though, such as the relatively recent and extremely popular Brazilian Juijutsu (Sometimes Gracie Juijutsu). BJJ isn't really "juijutsu" so much as an extention of Judo's ground game with the safety precautions taken out (IE, Judo doesn't use ankle locks because of the potential for permanent damage. BJJ doesn't care, it uses them because they're effective, etc), but they call it "Juijutsu" anyway. It's probably something like this that you heard of. Possibly Aiki-Juijutsu?

And Axl, from the sound of it, you shouldn't worry about what people tell you is going to win you "real life" fights or whatever. Just find a dojo that teaches something that sounds fun to you and run with it. Whether it's high kicks or capoiera antics, just go for it. Chances are good you'll get what you want out of it and have a blast in the process.

EDIT: SHOULD NOT worry, I was tired :P

Edited by Daeval

believe me I would if I had more options but due to current geographical position I am somewhat limited in choice;

dojo's currently identified:

one TKD at a local sports high school

aikido

quankido

kendo(swordfighting)

kyokushin

shotokan

there are more but I don't know them yet...