Eyes burning, heart pumping...

believe me I would if I had more options but due to current geographical position I am somewhat limited in choice;

dojo's currently identified:

one TKD at a local sports high school

aikido

quankido

kendo(swordfighting)

kyokushin

shotokan

there are more but I don't know them yet...

Aikido rocks! If you have any interest in a defensive art like the one L.S.D. was talking about, Aikido should be right up your alley. There usually aren't full-contact competitions though, as many of the techniques would leave competitors with fractured hands and wrists, among other things. Although I did know a guy who took Aikido to some kind of contact level; not someone I had any interest in messing with. ;P

And if TKD sounds good to you, just do it, dangit. If you find out you don't like it, you can always look elsewhere once you have a better idea of what it's like (and have maybe made some connections with people who know of other places to train, etc).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for something that can whip me into shape and turn me from a fat kid into a full-contact fighter and I don't care how tought the training is, it will be worth it; I can't seem to get in touch with that TKD dojo though bcuz I don't have any other info on it, no master's name no phone number no nothing... I was thinking of calling the INFO HOTLINE

I'm looking for something that can whip me into shape and turn me from a fat kid into a full-contact fighter and I don't care how tought the training is, it will be worth it; I can't seem to get in touch with that TKD dojo though bcuz I don't have any other info on it, no master's name no phone number no nothing... I was thinking of calling the INFO HOTLINE

Ok, I would recommend doing Taekwando 1st, then do Karate-do.

THis is what my previous Sensei recommend (but I dun do that and join Karate-do under him anyway :blink:)

I dun wanna do karate cuz I already took it some years ago and only went for 2 weeks then didn't go anymore cuz it was boring and I always goofed around and bcuz of that I always

did push ups on my knuckles...

Tae Kwan Do then something else, but still kick based

Sorry, I forget that you have problems with hands.

And the Jujitsu I mention used hands a lot!

Well, my personal opinion is TKD is the best option for now.

And dun worry about blocking! :huh:

I saw two awesome match before.

1. A guy kumite, standing on one leg while the other leg is ever

ready to dish out damage.

2. I saw a guy in a real competition who use his leg to block, then

using the same leg to kick out devastatingly! This is the most

awesome move I have ever seen. Keypoint is: SPEED! and

experience (know your opponent's moves) :blink:

Good luck!!

any martial art can be deadly if depending on the person, im a practioner of hung gar/wing chun, and tai chi and they can all be applied to actual combat so i wouldn't say anything about juijitsu being supperior in any way, it just depends on the person using it.

DONT THEY HAVE RUSSIAN SAMBO IN ROMANIA?!! thats a great style for actual combat

sambo? never heard of it...

and TKD is my best solution I reckon bcuz Kapoeira would do alot o hand-standing and that's not my strong point....

ACHOOO!!! But I wouldn't fight for Justice though, just for myself(that doesn't mean I won't help other though)

the idea is I want real life combat with actuall teeth nocking

I don't wanna learn TKD as a sport but rather as for full contact fighting...

Sambo is a russian martial art that takes all the aspects of japanese grappling and mixed with european style wrestling and boxing

capoeira doesnt really have alot of handstanding, your mixing up the true style with what you've seen in video games, the hands are basically used to balance and its a relativly easy style to learn once you've mastered the Jenga (the rythym based movement/moving stance) I took it in highschool

i never placed that game...just doesnt turn me on

O_o oh well... the gameplay in DOA is absolutely great... and those character models aren't bad either. :P

Edited by Agozer