Eyes burning, heart pumping...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am starting tae kwon do back, but i always get late and just for time for vale tudo classes, a brazilian martial art, it is really cool, if you want to whip some asses i advice you that, they want to make a vale tudo tournamet locally but it is almost impossible, full conatct fighters wnat to fight other full contact fighters only, karate with karate, tae kwon do with tae kwon do, only ju jitsu guys dare, and even them are not fully convinced, the problem is that when you take the fight to a terrain they do not know, and vale tudo is very complete, for example a tae kwon do guy does not how to fight on the ground or any grappling technique, so as long as they are standing on their feets they are cool but when you take em to the ground they are screwed, so cool hehehehe

OOO! It'z on, you want a piece of me than you can fight me, heck i'll fight you tonight, all you have to do is sign the contract. You'll see how well mike tyson had an influence on me, that and bas rutten, im so excited I think I just peed in my pantz.

So what exactly is it that you want, you just want to fight? or become some sort of martial artist or athliet cuz if you just want to straight up fight then you're gonna either need to learn to box and wrestle, cuz thatz what'z pretty much used in a street fight, look at vitor beltfortz fight couple fightz in the ufc, all he did was straight up box, he had a good takedown defense but all he threw were punchez, he'z like that in just about all hiz fightz, unless he does submissionz, kickz are good but once they have you inclose they're worthless, they're only really offective from a distance which alot of street fightz don't alwayz stay at. just take up a little bit of weight lifting and do lotz of running and foot work and stuff. You have to be inshape inorder to fight cuz once you're tired or you find yourself a whole lot weaker than your opponent it sux bad, worst feeling in the world is being tired in the middle of a fight.

it depends ehehe, i friend wa sin a fight once and he was being punished by the other guy, the guys was beating the crap out of him and he said ok,ok , i surrender you win, please stop, and when the guy lowered his hand hi punch him right in the face and knocked the guy down hhahahaha how naive

"Real life" fighting isn't all fun and games. A student under my judo coach was once attacked by two navy guys armed with metal pipes behind a store. Turns out the ground outside is not as soft as a fighting mat. Using two throws, he shattered one guy's knee and killed the other. It was self defense but, needless to say, a number of lives were seriously and permanently affected.

If you want to learn "real life" fighting, as opposed to contact sparring, that's fine and all. It's great for self defense or tournaments, etc in controlled environments. Just be aware of the responsibility involved.

vale tudo is garbage, every one i've seen who studys this "style" has either been huge, abnormally strong, or in peak human physical perfection. and the training is nothing more but getting your ass kicked until you finally learn how to protect yourself, its not really anything someone should pay for when they could have picked it up at the back of thier school

Remember the path of the martial artist is not an easy one. Another thing that is wrong with TKD is that when you throw a round house kick you are wide open to a jab or cross. It's just the way they throw them, stance, TKD's foot work etc... If you train in TKD try to learn Boxing too so you can be prepared to avoid such blows and have better foot work. Also you need to learn how to fight on the ground. It's a must sense most street fights go to the ground anyways, it's better to be prepared there like Daeval is.

the problem of tae kwon do is that it prepares you for competition and not for real life fights, i have seen korean guys kicking and the kicks are not open and really fast, it is difficult to connect a jab on them or anything, however using kicks in a real fight is risky, specially because anyone can take te fight ot the ground, or just beat the crap out of you with punches if you attack them, defense is a different story, any common guy just drops hhis guard when attacking

I trained in Hapkido and TKD and Kung fu before I started muay thi and boxing, the instructor showed how my kicks were leaving me open to jabs and crosses. It just takes a few adjustments and the addition of muay thi kick boxing and boxing to really bring out the effectiveness in TKD in my opinion. Not all TKD is useless I have a fight where a TKD guy owns a Muay Thi fighter in an open style type match. When I find the link I will post it here.