death wish poll

What's the fastest, most painless way of suicide?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was depressed for a year or so not that long ago. Very deep sadness, and feelings like "I hate myself", "I'm a loser" , "I'm not good enough," "everyone is better then me," etc. Saying that stuff to yourself every minute of everyday makes you suicidal.

Eventually, I went to a psychiatrist, and things now are much better. Not only did he help me out of depression, he helped me with lots of other things that had caused my depression - extreme shyness, social anxiety, being too much of a perfectionist, being too harsh on myself, etc. He literally helped me change how I view the world. Life seems much brighter now, because of these new perspectives and because I have overcome much of those aforementioned problems. I was also on antidepressants for awhile, and I still on them now, though the dosage is less.

So yes, I would advise you to talk to someone - if friends can't understand you, then find a counsellor. And if they don't help, go to a therapist. They really, really help. (I found counsellors didn't really help - they just said simple excuses for me to feel better for alittle while, then the depression came back.)

It's not easy getting over depression, if that's what you have - I am still battling mine, and it still resurfaces every now and then like some ugly sea monster. But the battle is so worth fighting, and once you start seeing (and feeling) the results, its the most satisfying and rewarding feeling ever.

Don't do yourself in. Talk to someone. Don't take life too seriously. Good luck mate.

i say gunshot to the dead..

you wont feel anything..bc the neurons would be cut..isn't that right gryph??..

Well you have to shoot yourself correctly, a lot of people somehow miss. But you still might feel pain because nervous system signals move fast and even after you die, the charge is still in you. Dead people can twitch and crap for 2 days after dying.

Yeah, I say go out with a bang (har har). If you're ass enough to commit suicide, might as well commit some homicide while you're at it. Take some people down with you! ROCK!!

Disclaimer: I, GryphonKlaw, in no shape or form advocate suicide, homicide, genocide, pesticide, potassium cynide, and many other -ides.

Wow I First Though I Was The Only One Who THat Of That Of Myself, And Chaotica Your Pretty Lucky To Get A Good Psychiatrist On The First Try(I'm Guessing) My Frist One Was Crap I Hated How She Talked To Me And She Was A Real biatch. My Second One Was Ok I Have Nothing To Say, Then The Third One Was A Dude Which I Got Gay Vibes From Him And Was ALWAYS On My Mom's Side No Matter What. Then I Got Another Psychiatrist At My School( Last One Moved To Another City) And She Was A Lot Better She Actrully Listened But She Got Married And Now She's Gone To,... Maryland I think. Now Psychiatrist #5, So Far She's On Cuz I Just Got Her When The School Year Started.

I'm Still Depress And It really Sux, And From What Chaotica Said About Himself, I'm Guessing One Reason Might Be Because Of Shyness, Trust Me I'm Really Quiet. And What Antidepressets Are You On? I Was On Zoloft 75mg And 50mg's But They Took Me Off Cuz It Got Me Sick.

And Axl Just To Let Ya Know, You Are Not The Only One Her That s Depressed So Don't Worry, And Remember When We Said Talk To Friends?

Alright, I'll break down and throw in here too..

For the last couple of years of high school (and a while after that) I was pretty depressed myself. More and more I didn't see the point of all the bullshit I was dealing with on a daily basis (failing school, parents psychotic AND divorcing, wasn't close to anyone, etc). Even things I should have been happy about just seemed pointless. I was suicidal and still bear a few scars, and probably an unhealthy tolerance for certain medicinals, to show for it. (Neither of which I'm particularly proud of now)

I never saw a therapist, aside from the school councelors that tried to figure out why I wasn't applying myself at all. I thank them for trying, but none of them ever really helped. I never took anti-depressants, though those aren't a bad option for those who need them. What ultimately did it for me was philosophy. I know that sounds stupid, but I started looking into Buddhist philosophy (not the same as modern buddhist religion) and it gave me some insight on my own world-view. From there, I explored other philosophies through books and school, and just looking at the way other people view the world, without hearing about why my view was "bad," slowly changed my own outlook.

Back then, I wouldn't have trusted a therapist, or a priest, or even a friend really, to understand or help with my condition. So, I can understand why you feel that talking won't help. Breaking free for me was a matter of understanding my own life in a different way. Most importantly, that life comes with some suffering, it's just part of the package, but that it's the way you deal with that pain that makes the difference in your own life. I felt trapped, like I knew my whole life was screwed and there was no way to make it better, but I learned that that is never the reality.

So, whether it's with the help of a therapist, a priest, a friend, a book, or just some time to yourself, hold out, and let yourself be open to new ideas about your life. I'm not talking all flowers and rainbows here, but you're working with the other extreme, and that's not realistic either. As the buddhists say, everything is temporary. Good things pass, and that you have to deal with, but Bad things don't last forever either.

Because of my like hood and personality at the time. Apparently everyone in my former school knows about me.

You go "You know Ian?"

They'll give you some response relating to my personal life that happened.

Yeah 666 Ghost, I got a good psychiatrist straight away, and you should keep shopping around until you find one that suits you and listens to you. I take Aropax, or Paxil, and I'm slowly getting off them.

Another thing he (my therapist) helped me do is laugh at my problems and my insecurities - showing me how trivial they actually were. When you can laugh at your problems, you are half way there at defeating them

Yes, I used to be quite shy, and have no self esteem whatsoever. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Now I am anything but shy in most situations, and I actually believe in myself! I've become abit of a crazy nutter! :lol:

Hang in there, 666. Things get better. :D

Edited by Chaotica