Suspected Image of the New XBOX2 Controller!

Alpha

xbox_screen001.jpg

RUMOR: The controller for the Xbox2 will come with repositioned Start and Select buttons, no more Black and White buttons, and the possibility of four trigger buttons.

Source: A now-dead link off of the Spong.com forums (see captured.jpg above).

The official story: Our first contact with the Fort Knox that is Microsoft PR netted an innocent "let me check with the folks closer to the product," suggesting the snap was provocative enough to get the Rumor Control juices flowing up Redmond way. A quick recovery shuttled through the ether moments later: "Not that I'm even saying there IS a product." Right...we do know the feeling. Then came a third e-mail flowing from even higher sources in the PR food chain. "Sorry...can't comment on rumors." And an either very astute, or red herring-ish, "But what do you make of that quarter?" Hmmm...we hadn't thought about that quarter.

What we heard: Not so much what we heard, but what we saw. Skeptics dismiss the controller (on the left) as an obvious "knock off" controller, maybe from Taiwan. They point to the apparent cheapness of the plastic and lack of a logo. But neither of these are proof--why would a prototype have a logo, and what else would you knock up a quick design with but the cheapest plastic?

We've never seen a "cheap knock off" with such good design choices before, either. The controller's smaller; the positioning of the Start and Select buttons is much better, and apparently there's room for two trigger buttons on the back. And we've been told that the Xbox2 controller will "definitely" have two triggers on both sides (from an informed source). Oh, and the thumb sticks and D-pad look like official parts.

And why would any Xbox controller--even a knockoff--be missing two buttons entirely?

Upon further inspection, well, there was no further inspection due to the snap being removed from the live servers…buggy server or some large corporate entity intent on keeping its secrets to itself? And what about that quarter?

Bogus or not bogus?: The quarter is real. The controller, well, when we add it all up, is too. Not Bogus.

Credits: http://GameSpot.com

--------------------------------------------------------

I'd say it looks and probabaly will feel a lot better than the currenct XBOX controller. What do you think? :)

Rumor control...Rumor control.

EDIT: That is one nice looking improvised XBOX controller, AntiWinner22. What do those 2 extra buttons do on the top of the controller?

Rumor control...Rumor control.

EDIT: That is one nice looking improvised XBOX controller, AntiWinner22. What do those 2 extra buttons do on the top of the controller?

I'm not blind dude. I know you said that.

But I still like saying

"Rumor control, rumor control"

That would sound badass as a sample.