I have A TON of Gmail invites for you guys.

Gryph

Ok, I have two spare Gmail invites and instead of just giving them away, I have decided that I want to play a game. I will ask a set of questions and the first person to get them all right (or first to get most right) within 24 hours will WIN THE PRIZE! Also, it would be nice if you give a quick reasoning behind each of your answers so I know you didn't just get lucky. ;) But if one of you just happens to get lucky, you'll win just because you must have incredible amounts of luck to guess the right answer to all these questions.

These questions aren't too tough and just require a little thinking and logic, no indepth knowledge in any subject will give you an advantage. Skills you've learned in elementary (primary) school should suffice. And most of you are old enough to be able to do these. They are tricky so be careful. But if none of you get all the answers correct, then I'll either choose new questions or think of some other way to give away these invites.

The following questions are for the first invite:

-----

1.) A machine labels 150 bottles in 20 minutes. At this rate, how many minutes does it take to label 60 bottles?

A. 2

B. 4

C. 6

D. 8

E. 10

-----

2.) Fatal Rose likes 225 but not 224; he likes 900 but not 800; he likes 144 but not 145. Which does he like:

A. 1600

B. 1700

C. Gay sex

D. Cosplay

-----

3.) Each number shown below follows a certain rule. Figure out the rule and fill in the missing number. (This question is a bit tricky, examine the words)

January 20

April 10

May 5

November 15

July ?

A. 5

B. 10

C. 15

D. 20

E. 25

-----

4.) There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?

A. Yes

B. No

-----

5.) 29. Which letter comes next in this series of letters?

B A C B D C E D F ?

A. C

B. D

C. E

D. F

E. G

-----

There, that's good enough for now. Once someone wins this then I'll post the next set of questions.

Good luck! ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gmail invites too...

Wow, Gmail is as useless to me as are my headphones for my CDplayer.

Wait. I HAVE A CD PLAYER?!

I have gmail invites too...

Wow, Gmail is as useless to me as are my headphones for my CDplayer.

Wait. I HAVE A CD PLAYER?!

:banghead: Whatever.

Anyway, just to help out a tad, for question 2, C and D are not right answers. :afro:

1. D

2. A

3. B

4. B

5. C

C'mon Gmail! :banghead:

Edit: Changed 3 to B.

YOU WIN THE PRIZE!

PM me and give me your email address where you want to receive the invitation.

I will post the next set of questions tomorrow when I am at work.

EDIT:

I'll give the reasons behind the answers for those that are curious.

1.) It's just simple ratios. You can do the math yourself.

2.) 1600 since it is a perfect square just like 225, 900, and 144.

3.) Each syllable is worth 5 points. Ju-ly = 10.

4.) No, because they don't all HAVE to be blue.

5.) Every other letter goes up one letter of the alphabet.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

i wanted to have a Gmail account, but some shithead took my email address, i had signed up for the beta or whatever, and when i try to login now it says my password is wrong (i use the same password for everything pretty much) and when i hit send my password to me, the secret question was something id never pick, and it sent the password to some @aol.com address eventually

If i ever find out who took my email address from me im going to slaughter them