Mouse sensitivity in FPS games.

Aolish

ok, one of the things we all have are different mouse sensitivity for FPS games, because of different games and different mouses out there, getting the exact mouse sensitivity on every FPS game we own can be very hard. Im currently trying to find a way how to determine on how to find the exact same mouse sensitivity i have on one game and apply it to another. Anyone here have a good way in doing that? im currently playing ut2k3 and i like the mouse sensitivity on that. what i try and do is put my mouse on one end of the pad and bring it all the way to the other side at where my mouse pad ends. after doing that, i look on the screen to memorize the position im standing or facing at, then try to apply that to another game. Unfortunately it doesn't really help as the two games just feel different somehow. :rolleyes: anyone have a better idea?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the stationary optic ball mouse, once you get use to it, its very, very convenient and much easier on your hand/palm. You dont have to move around, jus your thumb which will get very good within days.

And you dont need a mouse pad! :rolleyes:

Edit: You can also set the sensitivities on this as well.

Edited by ThatHotAnimeGuy

In games like CS or Call of Duty that requires a hefty amount of ranged fighting and vulnerable characters, I use 1.2 - 1.5.

In games like UT or Halo, Doom 3 its a little faster because I have to turn around fast and often.

But even in UT or Doom 3 I tend to use lower sensitivity than most other people...

I think it depends on the game and your hand-eye coordination, really.

• 1 month later...

hey guys, was doing a little research about mouse sensitivity and i found out the best way to find out each of our mouse sensitivity in a particular game is to measure it in CMs. Right now i need about 15cm to do a full 360 turn in ut2k3. Now im not sure if this is done correctly so please correct me if im wrong. I just take a ruler and put it next to the mouse pad. Put the mouse on the left side of the mouse pad and just keep dragging it towards the right until i get a full 360 turn. wherever my mouse lands is where i read it on the ruler.... if i did this correctly im reading 15cm. how about you guys? :D

i have this ub3r 50 dollar mouse i bought from ligitech called the mX500 or something like that, its the best mouse ever, buy this mouse, and you will never need one ever again.

I use that mouse, and i max out the mouse speed in all my games, except in Counter-Strike i think its at like 17 where the max is 20. I pretty much just get a feel for it and i just know where to set the speed, same with console games and the gamepads. Its kinda a skill. I like it really fast where you dont have to put too much effort into turning all the way around, but at the same time, you dont move the mouse 2 specs and do a 720.