read this for ur own saftey

Ryuken

I live in California man, so like..out here it's different shiit. Like...let's say you took tae kwon do(sp?) lessons, the person trying to mug you might actually be a kung fu master, either that, or your tae kwon do sensei :P

so...those don't apply to us down here.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in California man, so like..out here it's different shiit. Like...let's say you took tae kwon do(sp?) lessons, the person trying to mug you might actually be a kung fu master, either that, or your tae kwon do sensei :P

so...those don't apply to us down here.

rofl, So owned.

Fu*k trying to learn martial arts or any of that sh*t. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, you 1) bust out a knife or a gun and kill or be killed or 2) run like hell.

So, invest in a quality folding knife and carry with you everywhere (I do), and you may also want to check into your local gun laws and get yourself a gun.

yes, by all means lets get MORE guns out there on the streets! ;)

i swear to god, people are so paranoid.

It's not being paranoid, it's being cautious. There are some really fu*ked up violent people in this world; folks who don't give a sh*t about you and who are more than willing to kill you and rob from you. That is reality.

But I guess some of us just cannot grasp this until they have become a victim -- or if unfortunate enough, they die on the encounter; but it's too late by then. To each his own.

FuKu: Yeah, I'm notorious for carrying my folding knife at all times. I've had to pull it out a few times, but everybody's backed up and magically changed their minds before I've gotten to use it, so far.

Speaking of which, I need to sharpen mine (I took it from a Mexican gentleman's truck, after repoing it. He had used it to sharpen carpenter's pencils).

Fu*k trying to learn martial arts or any of that sh*t. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, you 1) bust out a knife or a gun and kill or be killed or 2) run like hell.

So, invest in a quality folding knife and carry with you everywhere (I do), and you may also want to check into your local gun laws and get yourself a gun.

yes, by all means lets get MORE guns out there on the streets! ;)

i swear to god, people are so paranoid.

It's not being paranoid, it's being cautious. There are some really fu*ked up violent people in this world; folks who don't give a sh*t about you and who are more than willing to kill you and rob from you. That is reality.

But I guess some of us just cannot grasp this until they have become a victim -- or if unfortunate enough, they die on the encounter; but it's too late by then. To each his own.

Don't think people who don't carry guns or whose first thought in the morning isn't "Who's gonna kill me today?" have never been victims.

The world is full of people who don't give a crap about you and want to rob you, that's for sure. But the immense majority of these only want your money and not to kill you or hurt you if it can be avoided.

2 reasons for that:

Most of them are not gangsters, they're white collars.

For the gangsters, killing you or even wounding you brings much much more risk to them.

Of course there exists psychopaths but they are really few, and in most cases being careful doesn't change anything if they choose you as their prey.

Don't watch COPS too much. This and some TV news are precisely made to freak you out. The only beneficers of this are the dealers of pepper sprays (I bet many more innocent people have been sprayed by mistake than real attackers) and the politicians basing their electoral program on "security" and "zero tolerance".

Yeah, I am aware that most robbers aim is not to kill someone, but to (of course) rob you of your valuables.

But you see, what makes them dangerous is the fact that they are afraid. They are afraid of getting caught, they are worried they may not "get away with it", they are afraid someone may see them...all these things must run through their mind as they're hoping to make it out of there with your valuables and not get punished for it (whatever that may be). "Oh please, please, let this bi*ch just had over the cash and I can get outta here...c'mon, c'mon. I hope he doesn't see through me; hope he doesn't see how nervous I am." so on and so on

Fear makes people do very irrational things -- and it makes them very dangerous. So while it's apparent in most robberies that their main concern is getting your valuables and making it outta there (not intentionally trying to hurt you and derive pleasure from it), they are afraid, so they are dangerous.

Fear makes people do very irrational things -- and it makes them very dangerous. So while it's apparent in most robberies that their main concern is getting your valuables and making it outta there (not intentionally trying to hurt you and derive pleasure from it), they are afraid, so they are dangerous.

Same goes for those who fear to be attacked, they can be very dangerous. That is exactly why people should not fear being attacked too much, and by all means should not carry a gun.

Other reasons would be to preserve their nerves from unnecessary distress, and to prevent another weapon from being stolen and ending up in the street.

Same goes for those who fear to be attacked, they can be very dangerous. That is exactly why people should not fear being attacked too much, and by all means should not carry a gun.

Other reasons would be to preserve their nerves from unnecessary distress, and to prevent another weapon from being stolen and ending up in the street.

taratata, you stole my sig!!!!!!! ;)

Actually I took it from some other site and didn't notice it was also your sig until a few days ago. I thought it didn't matter but I'll just change it.

EDIT: changed ;)

Edited by taratata

Actually I took it from some other site and didn't notice it was also your sig until a few days ago. I thought it didn't matter but I'll just change it.

EDIT: changed :)

nah, I'm just joking really :(

i will change the sig anyway ;)

EDIT: changed :)

nah, I'm just joking really :)

i will change the sig anyway ;)

Too late! I already love my new avatar :(