MvC 2 on chankast

i just tried MvC2 on chankast and the character sprites really look bland and pixalated. I just went on the official chankast forum and saw a pic of Mvc2 and it looked great ! does anyone know if/how i could fix the graphics? I mean is it because of computer limitations or is it something else?

Edited by shotodaad

Thats because the game runs at it's actual resoultion on the dreamcast. It's bumped up on a PC monitor. The same thing happens when your bump up a CPS1/2/Neo-Geo/mame rom on Mame/kawaks/any other relating emulator. Until they release some filter-related plugins or the option to play the window smaller, you're stuck like that.

hey shoto, does MvC2 run at 2/3ds fps (game speed) for you too?

actually, with that video card it might be even slower.....

For the GFX issue, you can also try adjusting your computer monitor's resolution but there's only an outside chance it will help

hey shoto, does MvC2 run at 2/3ds fps (game speed) for you too?

actually, with that video card it might be even slower.....

For the GFX issue, you can also try adjusting your computer monitor's resolution but there's only an outside chance it will help

2 or 3 fps is just the Capcom hack issue right?

Also for MVC2, is teh sound just plain bad, or is it my version?

No, with the capcom hack enabled my MvC2 runs at 44.5/60 fps... and that's with a 2.6ghz p4 and Jaton GeForce 5600 with 256 megs of vram

i think that having literally 2/3ds frame per second would make your head explode.

As for the sound issue, DragonKeeper, i think the character voices are synced to the (slowed) gameplay and are often cut off i.e. when two characters do specials at the same time.

Edited by darkmage479