Dude, Your Ipod Is Worth A $100 At Dell!

Alpha

Dan Bell on 01 July 2004 - 01:50

Dell is offering customers 100 dollars credit towards a US$ 199 15 gigabyte Dell digital Jukebox, the catch is you have to turn in your iPod for 'recycling'. Did I mention it's a mail-in rebate offer? Hurry the offer is limited. A spokesman for Apple was contacted by Reuters but had no comment.

Apple's iPod and iPod mini players, which range in cost from $ 249 to $ 499 depending on their capacity, have more than 50 percent of the market for digital music players, and even more when measured by revenue, Apple has said.

Apple's 15-gigabyte iPod costs $ 299 and weighs 5.6 ounces and Dell's player weighs 7.61 ounces, according to the companies' Web sites.

I heard something that you can't change the battery for iPod's. Is this true? I know many people now are going with the CreatiVe brand since you can change the battery with theirs. I'm not sure if I would do the above unless my iPod was really defected.

The current crop of MP3 players are stupidly over priced.

I myself have been looking for one none stop for the past two days...

I can not find a reasonabily cheap Hard disk MP3 player coupled with high build quality.

Someone out there has the money to grab a market corner and sell cheap cheap cheap!!!

Boo to the ipods stupid price!!!

And boo to dell, with there scum marketers!!

They are worse than me, i am trying to save a buck, but there trying to make profit and and kick another scam company in the balls.

Let the dogs anhilate each other thats what i say.

i cant believe ipods are remaining that expensive and still that popular with the other almost equally priced opposition, hard disk mp3 players should be dirt cheap by now.

As long as there are enough customers, they don't have any reason to lower the price. That's the way free trade goes.

i don't like anything from apple cuz they're so expensive and they look weird most of da time. if any1 of u is trying to find a good mp3 player i would say get sumthing from creative since they make soundcards and other music stuff

i don't like anything from apple cuz they're so expensive and they look weird most of da time. if any1 of u is trying to find a good mp3 player i would say get sumthing from creative since they make soundcards and other music stuff

They're expensive indeed, but usually of very high quality. And I would say their products look so good compared to other computer stuff that they may look strange to some people ;)

But indeed, their prices are a problem.

Apple computers are fast but not that much people have them so all u can do with it is go online and basic stuff like that, unless u know about computer a lot. most people that have a job that's related to computer, wouldn't use apple cuz it's not popular.

Apple computers are fast but not that much people have them so all u can do with it is go online and basic stuff like that, unless u know about computer a lot. most people that have a job that's related to computer, wouldn't use apple cuz it's not popular.

Well, Apples aree popular among a wide range of graphic designers.

ture dat, anyway doesn't Sony pictures or something like that have sumthing to do with apple??

And Hollywood, in most movies you see Macs not PCs.