Duke Nukem On Xp

Screw the real-time lighting and shadow engine, and you've got it all set. No view bobbing and the weapon in the middle of the screen. 640x640 as the max resolution and the minumum to 320x240. Simplified main menu with so Surround options under sound and only limited key binding possibilities....Leave the popup console out of it too.

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove the physics too. I just want to see all the enemies die in the same way. Actually, replace all the sounds in Doom III with the ones in Doom II. :lol:

Old skool ownz j00 all.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Remove the physics too. I just want to see all the enemies die in the same way. Actually, replace all the sounds in Doom III with the ones in Doom II.  :lol:

Old skool ownz j00 all.

Replace the sound database with the infamous Ponty Python sound database just for kicks.

Seriously, were really reaching now, and have gone widely off tangent. Just a footnote.

Doom95(which runs Doom 1, 2, Hexen) works under XP, Wolf 3D - There should be somthing, I don't rememeber the proggy though. Quake 1 should work on XP.

hey for those of you that own an xbox, theres a homebrew port of rott and plays damn good.

few other homebrew ports for xbox to mention:

dukex (i heard its buggy but plays ok so far that i tried)

quake1

quake2

doom's (same one can play 1,2 and final along with the packs and mods)

quake1/2 also plays packs and mods (simpsons quake :lol: )

one mod i got that works fine in the pc quake but not in xbox port is the xmen mod tho i heard it does work on there

Screw the real-time lighting and shadow engine, and you've got it all set. No view bobbing and the weapon in the middle of the screen. 640x640 as the max resolution and the minumum to 320x240. Simplified main menu with so Surround options under sound and only limited key binding possibilities....Leave the popup console out of it too.

the 320x240 min resolution era started on Quake 2. older FPS games have 320x200 for minimum. i dont care for the technicalities, but i will say GOGOGOANDDOITGODDAMNIT!!! :lol:

also i feel like phreaking stupid but whats this "ROTT" game?

also i feel like phreaking stupid but whats this "ROTT" game?

ROTT is Rise of the Triad. The best most underrated FPS of all time. That game just came out at the worst time which lead to its downfall. It was released 2 months after Doom II and a few weeks or days before Heretic.

Originally it was supposed to be a sequel to Wolfenstein 3D but they didn't really have the rights to it so they didn't. The plot (if you can call it that) is about this guy (El Oscuro) who is very Hitler-esque who wants to take over the world and you must stop him.

The game had many revolutionary things like separate characters with different stats, a full multiplayer that supported 11 players (Doom II only supported 4) and had numerous game modes, LUDICROUS GIBS, and there is some more stuff.

Also it was the first game to receive a 4 in the RSAC rating system (before the ESRB was formed) which was the highest possible.

Such a great game.

Hi Mr G.

Can tell me how to play Quake and Doom on XP? :P

Wolfie 3D also :P TQ

Quake should work on Win XP. But I think you need GLQuake. And K'dash already mentioned Doom95 for Doom. There are also some OpenGL ports for Doom, try Google and you'll find them.

And you can use this to play Wolfenstein 3D in OpenGL.

Reinstall your video drivers, that might fix your OpenGL errors.