Duke Nukem On Xp

One of the greatest underrated FPS games ever made :-D

Man that game owned so much.

And ROTT's multiplayer was one of the best ever, I still play it with friends when we are on a LAN. It was also the first game to get the highest gore rating (4 for Wanton and Gratuitous Violence) in that old ass RSAC system. LUDICROUS GIBS!

True dat. Ludicrous gibs indeed, I still occasionally se floating eyeball in my sleep. The dual handguns were so great. lol: Not to meantion that the enemies would beg for mercy on their knees....the dialogue alone is hilarious.

What bothers me though is that I've never manged to beat the game. The last boss didn't even flinch when I started pouring rockets into him. I taped down the Control button, and put on God mode...went to see a movie, came back after 2 hours...and there it was, still not dead. Man, monks give me the creeps.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the greatest underrated FPS games ever made :-D

And ROTT's multiplayer was one of the best ever, I still play it with friends when we are on a LAN. It was also the first game to get the highest gore rating (4 for Wanton and Gratuitous Violence) in that old ass RSAC system. LUDICROUS GIBS!

True dat. Ludicrous gibs indeed, I still occasionally se floating eyeball in my sleep. The dual handguns were so great. lol: Not to meantion that the enemies would beg for mercy on their knees....the dialogue alone is hilarious.

What bothers me though is that I've never manged to beat the game. The last boss didn't even flinch when I started pouring rockets into him. I taped down the Control button, and put on God mode...went to see a movie, came back after 2 hours...and there it was, still not dead. Man, monks give me the creeps.

You're not supposed to beat El Oscuro by shooting at him. Actually, you're not supposed to shoot at him at all. Well atleast for his first form. You just let him drain all his energy. Then you have to destroy his larvae. Once the larvae are destroyed, you face his last form but you could only damage him by bringing him to fire pits in the middle of the level.

I was so pissed when I found out that's how I had to beat him. I didn't the exact same thing you did and was like "WHAT THE HELL!? An hour of constant heat seekers didn't kill you!?"

Edited by GryphonKlaw

One of the greatest underrated FPS games ever made :unsure:

You're not supposed to beat El Oscuro by shooting at him. Actually, you're not supposed to shoot at him at all. Well atleast for his first form. You just let him drain all his energy. Then you have to destroy his larvae. Once the larvae are destroyed, you face his last form but you could only damage him by bringing him to fire pits in the middle of the level.

I was so pissed when I found out that's how I had to beat him. I didn't the exact same thing you did and was like "WHAT THE HELL!? An hour of constant heat seekers didn't kill you!?"

Ah hell....Well, back to playing that game from the beginning then. :-D

Finally, the mystery that has depraved me of sleep and sane thought has been solved.

yeah i stil have all these games memorized

Ive been on an old games craze, bringing back all the memories, and theres a 90% chance im going to give up modern gaming altogether, i think the old ones rule way more than new ones, plus this costs ALOT less :-D

yeah i stil have all these games memorized

Ive been on an old games craze, bringing back all the memories, and theres a 90% chance im going to give up modern gaming altogether, i think the old ones rule way more than new ones, plus this costs ALOT less :-D

So true...but its so sad also.

yeah, there just that special something about games that isnt there anymore

and i think it MIGHT be able to come back if companies got it through their head that WE DONT WANT UBER REALISM AND AWSOME GRAPHICS WE WANT FUN GAMES!! HINT HINT!! SOMEONE PLEASE PICK UP ON THIS!!

I like to refer to it as arcade style, because theyre usually not realistic at all, but their fun as hell, and you could sit there forever popping in quarters without getting frustrated at all

cept they dont use quarters heh

Edited by Shibathedog

When doom 3 comes out. I'm going to make a mod for it where you can't jump or crouch. And everything is as low res as it can get.

When doom 3 comes out. I'm going to make a mod for it where you can't jump or crouch. And everything is as low res as it can get.

You'll also have to speed the game up considerably.

Yes, speed up everything aswell.

And everything will be pixalated.

That would be like so new-oldschool. :lol: With modem or null cable deathmatch only.

Anyways, Doom 3's MP mode is like the old one, Everyone gets ready, then the host hits play. Now to add Null Cable, Serial Cable support.