• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Mr G.

Now I acan relive the experience of shooting at the flying Hitler,

or playing thru Quake without cheat at one go :P

Quake actually looks quite nice when GLQuake'd. Sure, the lighting isn't upto todays standards, but the game still gives me the creeps.

Thanks, Mr G.

Quake actually looks quite nice when GLQuake'd. Sure, the lighting isn't upto todays standards, but the game still gives me the creeps.

If you download this thing called Tenebrae (sp?), it makes Quake lighting very Doom III-ish.

Thanks, Mr G.

If you download this thing called Tenebrae (sp?), it makes Quake lighting very Doom III-ish.

Do you know how much it affects the minimum requirements?

Thanks, Mr G.

Do you know how much it affects the minimum requirements?

A crap load. You need atleast a 3rd generation GeForce card to run it. Here's a pic (I apologize for its size) of it in action. You can read more about it and see more pics at the official site.

quake93.jpg

EDIT: Here are the system specs:

* PIII 600

* 64 Mb RAM

* Geforce or Radeon card

* Quake1

* Water vissed maps

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Yeah, I saw that screenie at PlanetQuake. Amazing what modifications can do these days.

One of the greatest underrated FPS games ever made :P

Man that game owned so much.

i dunno, i remember i got bored of it and just stopped playing it

Was this when ROTT0 first came out or way after? When the game first came out it was revoluntionary but shadowed by Doom II. It couldn't have been boring back then... oh well.

I downloaded the first release of Tenebrae and it was awesome but buggy. Now when I get home I'm going to get Quake I and the improved Tenebrae.

Tenebrae 2 looks awesome too and it uses the Quake 3 bsp format but you can't really use existing Q3 maps. You have to make new ones, oh well. When its released it should be awesome.

Tenebrae 2 looks awesome too and it uses the Quake 3 bsp format but you can't really use existing Q3 maps. You have to make new ones, oh well. When its released it should be awesome.

So Tenebrae 2 is WIP? I assume that there's somekind of a level converter or what for those maps?

So Tenebrae 2 is WIP? I assume that there's somekind of a level converter or what for those maps?

Not a level converter. People just use the level creator that came with Quake III to make all new maps. On the News page it says that converting old QIII maps to work in Tenebrae 2 would be really hard because people would have to code new shaders and stuff like that.

There is this one game called Industri that uses the Tenebrae engine and it looks pretty cool. But it requires the full version of Quake and is a 30 mb download.

But back to Duke Nukem, I'm really looking forward to the fully 3D characters.