Now, For Something Totally Different...

Violence in all forms produce more violence. What did people expect?

I know many of us want to get away from all the brutalities and violence in the world, but unless we're willing to live as hermits in some deserted island, it'll have to be a part of life. People contribute and help perpetuate violence in all manners, so it escape from that, you'd have to get away from people.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is during the Gulf War. It is his wrongdoing but the Iraq has suffered since then.

How was he a threat during the Gulf War? The only reason America went to war with Iraq was because they invaded Kuwait. During the 80s our happy little goverment gave Sadaam the weapons eventually capable of mass destruction (cruise missles and stuff like that) to fight Iran because they were trying to depose the American backed Shah.

How was he a threat during the Gulf War? The only reason America went to war with Iraq was because they invaded Kuwait. During the 80s our happy little goverment gave Sadaam the weapons eventually capable of mass destruction (cruise missles and stuff like that) to fight Iran because they were trying to depose the American backed Shah.

Saddam is a threat to the INTEREST of America. Kuwait is US's ally.

US fear that Saudi Arabia will be Iraq's next target, depriving them of oil supply

and unbalanced the power in Middle East.

Saddam is a threat to the INTEREST of America. Kuwait is US's ally.

US fear that Saudi Arabia will be Iraq's next target, depriving them of oil supply

and unbalanced the power in Middle East.

Well yeah, but Iraq wasn't a threat to American soil like how it is now apparantly (which is bullshit). And Kuwait has plenty of oil too, they didn't need to factor Saudi Arabia into any of it. :blink:

Ash, I'd mock your beliefs and values, but you've already said you're a little slow. How about finding out how many weapons of mass destruction they FOUND in Iraq (0) before posting that populist propaganda (ps sorry if it seems like I'm insulting you again, I just don't pull any punches when I talk politics).

PS I saw a great political cartoon which I think summarised the whole Iraq war today. It was set just outside of Bhagdad, and the soldiers were all set up and firing at Iraq, and Osama bin Laden was standing right in front of the soldiers and waving his arms at them, and the platoon leader is saying to his second in command, 'Get that guy out of the way, he's blocking the view!', or something like that. I laughed my arse off when I saw that one, right in the middle of class.

and i said im the slow one... read again.... :P i said if englands and americas occupational forces left the country would be free to create wepaons of mass destructions.. i know none were found before but after the way iraq has been treated theres no way they would just let it rest with all outside forces just leaving... theyd certainly want revenge!

Well, you've got me there, so I retract my statement. Mainly because someone else has pissed me off more.

That is some terrible sh*t, Muslims go to extremes, the americans didn't kill those they tortured, I mean there was no uprising when saddam tortured his people, which was much much worse than taking naked photos of the prisoners, he burned them and hung them and whipped them, nobody said anything then, he gassed the kurds no muslim uprising to that!! I hope the US pulls out, f*ck them, they are ingrates, they are free right now, and do stupid and horrific sh*t! alright let them go back to their oppresive government see if they like that style of life.

Sorry just venting i don't hate muslims at all, i'm not prejudice, but that just pisses me off.

I know I know, what i'm saying though, is that the muslim community did not uprise, i mean, why do the militants just care when the U.S. does something bad. Saddam had been doing it for years and nothing then, i know you are talking about the bathist party's militants, but you see other muslim nations speaking up against the U.S., Iran mainly. Why does Iran care what they do? they don't get along with Iraq in the first place! just a bunch of cowards, if they got something to fight against the U.S. take it up with the army, not the civilians.

WTF Texas? I didn't think I'd ever encounter thinking like that here. A few salient points, if I may

1) Yes, actually, there have been a number of deaths of iraqi prisoners reported, so they DID kil some of the people they tortured

2) A number of people did speak against Saddam's regime. And guess what, they got captured and tortured? Hmm....not much in it for them, was there?

3) The Iraqis have every right to protest the US's INVASION of their country, even though cutting off businessmens's heads is not the way to do it

4) The 'militants' (those who opposed Saddam anyway) cared when Saddam was in power and doing 'something bad', and now they care that the US is in power and doing 'something bad'. Can you perhaps imagine how it might kind of sting when a country invaded theirs to get rid of a dictator and his torturous regime, and then proceed to TORTURE people???

Also, someone said something like 'if you have a beef with the US take it up with the military, not someone just trying to help their country' (I can't be bothered finding the exact quote). My response to that: They are. All those insurrections are people 'taking it up' with the army. And that's not working. Clearly, they felt that they had to resort to more drastic measures to get our attention. And it worked. Also, any US business men in iraq aren't trying to help the country, they're trying to get rich off the Iraqi people and their plight. It's as simple as that. Of course, that doesn't mean this dude deserved to die, though.

Edited by random guy

Let's face it. THe world is under the control of the Jews, whether you want to admit it or not. Just take a look in America. Who control the economy? Who control the media?

wow that sounds familier. :P

I think I will continue to stay out of this one.