Now, For Something Totally Different...

I start to show zero interest in US - Iraqi affairs...People just die each day from both sides. I just want to go to my basement (If I flocking had one!) and wait for Doomsday.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in America they're going to learn to hate Islamic people. In Islamic countries, they're going to learn to hate America. It's a sad cycle.

Yes, it is. At least, Bush and Blair give their apology.

What irks me is some of my country's leaders condemn the acts of US and Britian.

The problem is they are doing it here in my country.

Some people get punished just because they speaks out for what is right.

Media always glorifies the ruling government.

Police brutality is abundant.

Election is rigged.

Other races are discriminated in everything, education, economy etc etc.

Talk about hypocrisy indeed.

THinking of migrating now.:(

I start to show zero interest in US - Iraqi affairs...People just die each day from both sides. I just want to go to my basement (If I flocking had one!) and wait for Doomsday.

Way ahead of ya.

Well, now to piss everyone off...you see I'm a member of the desensitised generation. So I don't have a problem saying, yes that was a despicable act of violence, a terrible thing that should not happen to anybody, but I don't see it as any worse than the (Government-ordered mind you) torture and killing of iraqi prisoners -many of whom were declared by UNICEF or some such organisation as being innocent. I'm a pacifict so one of my favourite quotes is "an eye for an eye leaves the world blind" (Ghandi) but if I did believe in that kind of justice, I'd say SOMEONE had it coming. It's just awful that some poor bastard had to be the recipient of that brutal justice.

Well, now to piss everyone off...you see I'm a member of the desensitised generation. So I don't have a problem saying, yes that was a despicable act of violence, a terrible thing that should not happen to anybody, but I don't see it as any worse than the (Government-ordered mind you) torture and killing of iraqi prisoners -many of whom were declared by UNICEF or some such organisation as being innocent. I'm a pacifict so one of my favourite quotes is "an eye for an eye leaves the world blind" (Ghandi) but if I did believe in that kind of justice, I'd say SOMEONE had it coming. It's just awful that some poor bastard had to be the recipient of that brutal justice.

I would agree with you there but after actually seening the video, it is shocking. That was pure unneccesary brutality. It was sub-human. To decapitate someone like that is MUCH worse than shooting somone or taking pictures of them naked. I'm not saying that the abuse is alright, but atleast most of those prisoners didn't get their heads cut off in this manner. I mean, if they used a guilottene (sp?) it would have been more bearable but they didn't.

And the worst thing about is that they are doing this in the name of God. Throughout the entire decapitation they were chanting "Allah something!" which I'm sure translates to "Allah is great!" I mean, how can anyone justify such brutality in the name of God. But as George Carlin said, "The more devout they are, the more they see it [killing] as negotiable."

Edited by GryphonKlaw

the whole thing is tottaly sick!! but it isnt gonna make america and england leave. and even if it did the country would be free to create weapons of mass distruction and use them againt its opposition. so this kinda stuff is unfortunately gonna keep happening. and as it goes on and things get more drastic its just gonna get more horofic... its a horrible world we live in and theres never gonna be world peace... politics suck!!

Ash, I'd mock your beliefs and values, but you've already said you're a little slow. How about finding out how many weapons of mass destruction they FOUND in Iraq (0) before posting that populist propaganda (ps sorry if it seems like I'm insulting you again, I just don't pull any punches when I talk politics).

PS I saw a great political cartoon which I think summarised the whole Iraq war today. It was set just outside of Bhagdad, and the soldiers were all set up and firing at Iraq, and Osama bin Laden was standing right in front of the soldiers and waving his arms at them, and the platoon leader is saying to his second in command, 'Get that guy out of the way, he's blocking the view!', or something like that. I laughed my arse off when I saw that one, right in the middle of class.

Edited by random guy

Ash, I'd mock your beliefs and values, but you've already said you're a little slow. How about finding out how many weapons of mass destruction they FOUND in Iraq (0) before posting that populist propaganda (ps sorry if it seems like I'm insulting you again, I just don't pull any punches when I talk politics).

PS I saw a great political cartoon which I think summarised the whole Iraq war today. It was set just outside of Bhagdad, and the soldiers were all set up and firing at Iraq, and Osama bin Laden was standing right in front of the soldiers and waving his arms at them, and the platoon leader is saying to his second in command, 'Get that guy out of the way, he's blocking the view!', or something like that. I laughed my arse off when I saw that one, right in the middle of class.

Is that just an Aussie cartoon or worldwide? Do you remember who it was by? I would like to see it too.

I actually participated in the national school walk out. I was out there with about 3 pre-middle school girls...yeah...but I got out of school.

IMO all the crap that's going on in Iraq is just that, crap. It started as crap, it continued as crap, it is STILL crap. I don't think it's ever going to be anyting else.

Haven't we killed what's his name? Why don't we just leave?

Haven't we killed what's his name?  Why don't we just leave?

Leaving Iraq the way it is right now would be even worse. It would cause massive civil unrest which would probably lead to an Islamic state like Iran. You can't just do a half assed job and leave... that's just wrong.

Do you ever watch the news or read the newspaper? You'd know why it is a bad idea to pick up and leave. :P