Jerky Neoragex Xp

Well, because I love NeoRagex so much, I just downloaded NeoRagex for Win xp. I believe it is version v0.8b.

All the games run fine, but periodically, the games speed up for a second, then resume the normal tempo. The frames and animation speed up, and the music sounds all warped for a second. It happens on all games.

I'm wondering what this is? I have a pretty fast rig - P4 3ghz 1 gig RAM - is that it? Also, I store my roms on CD and play them off that - is that it? Older NeoRages played my roms off cd just fine. Or do I have to tune a setting? Frameskip, perhaps?

Any help would be much appreciated, thankyou in advance.

Could be your box, but thats just me. And I hate you for having such a powerful box.

What I encountered was when switched between the "9" button, one is so fast that in five seconds, the opponent beat me.

Why would one use Full Throttle?

Why would one use Full Throttle?

What does it do? My old PC makes the game slower, while my current PC makes it 10 times faster?!

Full Throttle makes NRX go at 200% speed. I fail to see the usefulness in that.

EDIT: Oh wait. Taken from the Readme:

If you have 60hz as refreshrate at res640x480 or res320x240
use tripple buffering with VSYNC and enable full 
throttle (press '9') to get the most steady frame rate.

Edited by Agozer

actually just setting it to autoframeskip can do the trick, with your PC the speed will still be flawless anyway. in my 300 Mhz @ frameskip 0, the games play fine for some time then for some reason, it would speed up to 75 fps. not sure about the warping sound effect.