Do Games Have A Negative Effect

neo

Does games affect ones academic performance  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yap, you play games instead of studying sooo = [F] antastic grades come out, and if you're luck you'll get some [D] ynamites thats if u played and did HW at the same time. :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think video games have much of negative effect. They haven't had any negative effect on me atleast. I've been playing games since I was really young and have always been in great academic shape. But video games do take up time that I would rather be using for studying but oh well...that's my fault.

But I have seen people who only play video games really go down the toilet. I mean, they can't hold a conversation unless its about video games or anime. It's quite pathetic really.

Video games CAN have a negative impact but if the person can control their habit, it's usually alright.

And my previous post on this thread was deleted...why? It wasn't inciting anything.

I vote no. like klaw sayed you just have to ballance everything. I've been playing games since the NES cost 200 bucks. and I made it through school, work, girlfriends, and a wife with no problems.

if you're gonna be one of those crazies who ends up dead of dehydration/starvation in front of your game of choice, then yeah i guess games would interfere with your school work :D

I don't think video games have much of negative effect. They haven't had any negative effect on me atleast. I've been playing games since I was really young and have always been in great academic shape. But video games do take up time that I would rather be using for studying but oh well...that's my fault.

same here...but only the newer games have been getting kinda boring IMO

...it's all rpg's nowadays :lol::D

Edited by Weirdanzeige

if you're gonna be one of those crazies who ends up dead of dehydration/starvation in front of your game of choice, then yeah i guess games would interfere with your school work :D

that would be me I guess; Gaming has seriously affected my education over the past 5 years, my grades getting lower and lower each year; while I manage not to get extremely bad marks so as I don't repeat the year......... My best bet is to go with foreign languages, cuz I was always good at them;( I know German, Italian, Spanish, studiyng Arabian and Japonese) My main reason 4 learning Jap was cuz

of KOF(no joke); I wanted to learn JAP so I can understand their moves, but now

I want to move to Japan asap when I get enough money......

I WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING, NOR WILL I START SMOKING(I drink like there's no

tomorrow, though)

I WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING, NOR WILL I START SMOKING

what does smoking have to do with anything?!?!? anyways be sure to drink plenty of water during those long gaming binges. wouldn't want you to die like those evercrack fools. :D

I WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING, NOR WILL I START SMOKING

what does smoking have to do with anything?!?!? anyways be sure to drink plenty of water during those long gaming binges. wouldn't want you to die like those evercrack fools. :D

I want to keep my lungs clean so I can live longer to play more!!!!!!!

Although drinking does hinder the attempt!!!

Well, I still like playing games, and I have made it to university and all, so no. Sometimes I play them when I should be doing homework, but most times I can control the urge.

I think computer games can help you think laterally in real life situations.

I think computer games can help you think laterally in real life situations.

exactly, like all those adventure games taught me to get to new areas with a wooden spoon, a potato sack, and flask of slime!

oh ehh nevermind that's not a real life situation. :huh:

The best example I can give is today: I had a physics test and planned 2 study last night! I played Final Fantasy 8 for 2 hours, then I started

to read from my notebook, but then my grandma came around the corner and I pretended 2 sleep, but when she left I was sleeping, though

I think I'll manage a 5 or a 6, which might mean C- in american grades

, dunno......