Do Games Have A Negative Effect

neo

Does games affect ones academic performance  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How's that Japonese coming along?  :P

sry, in romanian we call it "japoneza"

Yeah, but there'd still be distractions for them, like movies or music or reading the bible - no matter what you're into, that's what you're going to be doing when procrastinating from doing work.

Actually no, there wouldn't be tv or music in yer life if you were raised in such a family b'cuz the (so-called)parents would prohibit you from watching anything other than cheap soap-operas(that don't even have a qvasi-bad word in them or even a hint of violence) and church music; also you would go to a parohial school!!!

Edited by axl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but don't you notice that it's usually those people who end up becoming the MOST chronic alcoholics, or the sluttiest girls, etc. etc. etc...

Yeah, this is somewhat perplexing! :( But even so their offsprings shouldn't go

through their iron fist rules!!! They think they are protecting them but in fact they are just blinding him from the real world!!! These kids usually are very naive and get raped more often :P !!

Yeah, but don't you notice that it's usually those people who end up becoming the MOST chronic alcoholics, or the sluttiest girls, etc. etc. etc...

Yeah, this is somewhat perplexing! :( But even so their offsprings shouldn't go

through their iron fist rules!!! They think they are protecting them but in fact they are just blinding him from the real world!!! These kids usually are very naive and get raped more often :P !!

Yeah, well I just sent an angry e-mail to some fundamentalist christian group that was calling to boycott Disney because they were forwarding a pro-homosexual agenda! That letter pissed me off so much I ranted for ages. Here is a (slightly edited for space) transcript of the email I sent:

Oh my word, you people have managed to annoy me to no end. I'm trying to limit the use of 'colourful' language in my reply, because knowing fundamentalists, you'll probably just discount anything I say if I use 'swears'.

Why do you people continue to think that you're allowed to personally attack everybody and everything who believes something that is even slighty at odds with what you believe in, and if anyone even tries to attack something you believe in, you straight away go into 'defensive mode'. I am referring to the wonderfully misguided and bigoted pdf on your site about why people should boycott Disney. You're allowed to use any methods you want, including calling Disney employees child molestors (?!?), but you use this as a reason people should boycott Disney:

'Priest (Miramax) is a prohomosexual movie which depicts five Catholic

priests as dysfunctionals and blames their problems on Church teachings. One priest is a homosexual; a second an adulterer; a third an alcoholic; a fourth demented; and the fifth just plain mean and vicious. The film is blatantly anti-Christian'

This is what this proves to me: you feel that you are perfectly allowed to attack anybody with an agenda slightly at odds to yours, but whenever a (in my view, much needed) critique at the SERIOUS shortcomings of the Catholic church, one that might actually prompt people to realise that something is very wrong here if 'catholic priest' has become synonimous in the public's eye with 'child-molestor', and something that might even (SHOCK) cause people to make MUCH NEEDED changes to the Catholic Church, you retreat into your shells, and take feeble swipes at the opposition from your well-guarded shield of bigotries and lies.

Well, I'm about to attack what you believe in, and you're going to sit there and read it (if you have any interest in sense and reason, anyway).

Have you ever stopped to think and say 'hold on a minute, didn't God MAKE homosexuals?' The Bible may be against homosexuality, but the bible was written 200 years after the death of christ, by men who had an agenda to set, and then rewritten dozens of times by men who had agendas of their own. And let me just say, in this precious bible of yours, when God smote the Sodomites, it wasn't because they were practicing homosexual sex, it was because they were practicing homosexual RAPE. I would argue that that is a fair cry of difference.

The fact is, and you're just going to have to deal with this, that homosexuality has now (finally) become socially acceptable. Homosexuals are now just as much a part of 'society' as you or I. Now that may offend your sensitivities, although God knows why, but it's a FACT. And maybe if homosexuality was more acceptable within the Catholic church, there wouldn't be an excessive number of priests going after YOUNG BOYS!

Honestly, reading through that PDF file, my first reaction for almost every 'fact' you stated was 'good, I'm glad. Good on Disney for forcing people to confront the issues of prejudice the world currently feels for homosexuality. Especially when you were talking about Ellen and Spin City. These were rational, sensible portrayals of homosexuals living normal lives, and co-existing with heterosexuals: that's my vision of a perfect world, one which EVERYONE can get along, regardless of race, sexual preference, or anything else!

You may think you're 'doing God's work' by trying to keep homosexuals ostracised and hated in mainstream society, but in my view, you are doing just the opposite: you are going AGAINST the flow of tolerance that is slowly starting to trickle through the streets of the world. You are restricting our chances for breaking into a new world of tolerance and love for ALL human beings; and, after all, don't you think that's what God would want? Not to keep things closed-minded and contribute to the much heavier flow of hatred.

I love and treat all humans equally - be they christian, muslim, jew or atheist; be they gay, straight, bisexual or transexual; be they black, white, or any other colour - and would thoroughly like to see a world where everyone felt the same way. What really gets to me is that people like you try to make me feel that thinking like that is a sin.

That's the spirit!!!!!!!1 :P

This is what this proves to me: you feel that you are perfectly allowed to attack anybody with an agenda slightly at odds to yours, but whenever a (in my view, much needed) critique at the SERIOUS shortcomings of the Catholic church, one that might actually prompt people to realise that something is very wrong here if 'catholic priest' has become synonimous in the public's eye with 'child-molestor', and something that might even (SHOCK) cause people to make MUCH NEEDED changes to the Catholic Church, you retreat into your shells, and take feeble swipes at the opposition from your well-guarded shield of bigotries and lies.

These people should be rounded-up and executed, IMO :( !!!

No, seriously someone should hack that site!!!!! To think that there are more poeple like them makes me sick!!!!!!

I love and treat all humans equally - be they christian, muslim, jew or atheist; be they gay, straight, bisexual or transexual; be they black, white, or any other colour - and would thoroughly like to see a world where everyone felt the same way. What really gets to me is that people like you try to make me feel that thinking like that is a sin.

I really don't understand how there can be people who don't think like or similar to

you and we!! Something must have gone wrong becuase hatred, racism and such were not the spawn of we men!!!

I really don't understand how there can be people who don't think like or similar to

you and we!! Something must have gone wrong becuase hatred, racism and such were not the spawn of we men!!!

Um, yes, unfortunately they were a product of human selfishness and closed-mindedness. Unless you meant they weren't born out of people like us, which I agree with. Unfortunately, people like us have always been a minority.

Agreed, but I won't start converting everybody!! This is my opinion

and I don't want to force it in everyone's throat!

"Do as you like! It's not my job to kill you!" Iori Yagami, KOF'99

or in this case "It's not my job to open your eyes to the truth!

If they want to listen, fine, by all means follow the path of humanity

but if not, then I hope they choce upon their convictions!!

Well..yeah, but that's like saying 'sure this guy is racist and sexist, and sure he beats up non-white people and rapes women as much as he can, but that's his choice, and good luck to him'. You can't let activities like this go uncriticised, just as you can't let homophobic hate-speech on the internet go uncriticised. Sure it's their perogative to post whatever message they feel like (freedom of speech and all that), but if they do, it's MY perogative to openly criticise their ideas. After all, I'm just exercising MY freedom of speech in response to their comments.

Well..yeah, but that's like saying 'sure this guy is racist and sexist, and sure he beats up non-white people and rapes women as much as he can, but that's his choice, and good luck to him'. You can't let activities like this go uncriticised, just as you can't let homophobic hate-speech on the internet go uncriticised. Sure it's their perogative to post whatever message they feel like (freedom of speech and all that), but if they do, it's MY perogative to openly criticise their ideas. After all, I'm just exercising MY freedom of speech in response to their comments.

Agreed, that's your option if you want to criticise them!! But these people cannot be

turned, IMO!! They are weak-minded, short-sighted fools who will probably rot in hell(I'm not saying that I want them there, no way)! They simply can't get it through their thick heads that what they are doing is wrong!!

Also, they think the exast same thing about us!! <_<

When, you do see such horrid activities taking place you can't just stand by and watch, something must be done/said!! I know I'm contradicting myself but, hey,

that's the truth!!! :athinking

The solution is this = (us) :nuke: + (them) :twisted: = happy world full of love and happiness :P:(