Fav Fighting Game Company!

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo, Axl, use the search feature. There was a topic just like this one:

Best Fighting Company

Anon.

Yeah...I said that on the first page but I guess he didn't see it. And that previous thread had many more choices and was just better. This selection sucks, I mean Sega isn't even up there.

Hmm.... This guy has a point. :P

Anon.

Yeah he does.

I'm not saying that I hate Capcom or others it's just that I like SNK more!!

And Ken can compare to K' given the right set of moves!!

Ever wondered why Ken does a Shinkuu Hadouken when teamed-up with Ryu while executing a Double Combo Finish in MvsSF and can't do it normally?

Character traits and personality we can compare without a doubt, but once fighting style hits. Whole new world.

Aww, c'mon; You mean to say Shotokan doesn't stand a chance agains Yagami Ryuu Shiki?

It's friking Autusukan, not Shoto. Damn you Capcom USA and your butchered up japanese to english translations.

Well, I can't pick one. but I must say that Capcom and SNK are of course my top picks.

you could argue about it all day, but as far as I know Capcom still pioneered the one on one fighting experience. if there IS a game before the original street fighter, or before street fighter 2 for that matter, that IS in the same vein, gimme a shout.

I think that Arc system works is doing a good job with Guilty Gear, but their games are still a little bit buggy. Millia is incredibly unfair no matter how you slice it, and the last boss I fought in X2 was impossible. but that was alright, cuz I was really determined 2 kick her ass. I got to this "shin I-No" boss with Sol and just kept plunking tokens in the machine til I was out. it was I-No alright... but she had the ability to sprout wings and shoot out projectiles by the thousands. I have no clue what it was but it was rediculously difficult.

I give a thumbs down to midway for the most part. Mortal Kombat started getting fun by the third installment, but if you took the gore away from the originals then what would it be? nothing but a low quality rip off of the street fighter series. I also think that the gore is a complete joke, ever since Deadly Alliance came out. they promised realistic fatalities, and when I saw sub-zero ripping some guy's SKELETAL SYSTEM out of his back, I lost faith.

Namco is an incredible company all around, and I'd say that Tekken is Easily up there with the greatest 3D fighters of all time. I dunno if that or Virtua Fighter takes the prize though, that's another dead heat.

as far as others go, whoever made Weaponlord made a pretty noteworthy game. it was extremely difficult, but if one was able to master it it could be as deep as last blade, if not more so. SNK's offshoot Noise Factory did an AWESOME job with Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee if you ask me, more so with matrimelee though. only problem they have as of yet is bosses are incredibly extreme. and of course I mentioned sega earlier on for Pioneering 3D fighting with Virtua Fighter.

there's my take.

layta

It seems you really need to play Guilty Gear XX#Reload, the arcade version will never see the light of day in North America since Sammy doesn't want to port (they sold the console rights to Majesco for a U.S./ Europe disturibution) They toned down alot of characters severly.

Millia is still Top Tier when in the right hands in GGXX#Reload.

Those "Shin" stuff (I.E. Boss Mode characters) is computer only, Boss I-no's patterns read like a pancake on a bunny rabbit's head.

Boss I-no's patterns read like a pancake on a bunny rabbit's head.

I agree. She even helps you out in figuring out he "wave", for god's sake. :lol:

Aww, c'mon; You mean to say Shotokan doesn't stand a chance agains Yagami Ryuu Shiki?

It's friking Autusukan, not Shoto. Damn you Capcom USA and your butchered up japanese to english translations.

WHAT?! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT RYU/KEN USE AUTUSUKAN?

IN THE MANUAL OF SFA2 IT SAID SHOTOKAN; ALSO IN ROMANIA SHOTOKAN

IS TOUGHT AT GYMS! even tried it myself once but after two weeks my mon

sed that school was more important and I sould learn more instead of learning how to fight and defend myself;

Boss I-no's patterns read like a pancake on a bunny rabbit's head.

I agree. She even helps you out in figuring out he "wave", for god's sake. :unsure:

true... but that doesn't change the fact that she's invincible while she does it, and that if even ONE catches you... ALLLLL of them do. even if u block ur in chipping damage hell, and if u use ur meter 2 reflect u'll prolly run out