Cursed Psx Iso's - Images Of The Hexxed Grasp!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad Cd's can mess with your ps2

just look at the disc of the new Smackdown : hctp

my bro bought it and when u load it, you ps2 makes a grinding noise

this was caused by thq using a weird disc, which was heavy or somethin, and many people have reported online that their ps2's have died after hearing the grinding noise

Once again, Agozer acts like a know it all.  :P

You could at least reply to the subject. :lol:

Fine, fine....let's get to it...

Is your PS2 the old model or the new model? As some people said already, the data on the CD can't damage the disc drive. As for your modchip, it is an older model but I don't see how it can be the cause of those weird noises.

Some PC games that I've bought also make a whole lot of noise when the spin my my CD-ROM drive, while others don't. I can't give an exact answer why the console wouldn't boot your games...I'd blame the modchip, but I have very little experience with those.

Edited by Agozer

ok theres a few things to note:

magic 2 mod doesn't turn off like the latest mods do by holding the reset but it should have a way of booting ps1 games like the latest mods.

ps2 drives depending when you got your ps2 can be picky on media but for any drive; cd's play the worst on ps2 then playing dvd's. so if you're gonna play cd versions of ps2 games, make sure they're complete\near complete and not missing a bunch stuff or else the drive will end up searching for like crazy (nba streets vol 2 dvdrip is one of the worst and you can hear the drive work like crazy when a certain song was removed). most of the worst dvdrips are sports games and gta dvdrips.

About some of the things mentioned:

@Prican25

About that crazy drive searching, I'd bet that could harm the PS2 drive right? Do you know what exactly happens to the hardware when that happens, I hope nothing bad.

@SaiyenFire

Eeekk! PS2 Dying after hearing that noise?!

*Faints*

....two hours later

*Wakes up*

Good thing I have the burned version of Smackdown Here Comes the Pain...Stupid THQ.

prican, he is talking about ps1 isos, right?

i wouldn´t recommend using dvd rips in a cd cause i makes the laser as you say works like crazy and in the end will get your ps2 damaged. i would recommend too that you find out wich is your ps2 model and have a laser replacement, i got one in ebay for 35.00, most ps2 dead are because of the laser won´t read anymore so most people tends to buy a new ps2, dumb, also if you can, get a new model of magic chip.

Edited by lancerx

Yeah, me and prican were talking about NBA Street Volume 2 making the ps2 rev up like crazy. The topic is about these ps1 iso's i burned not working and making weird noises inside the drive.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need to replace any lasers or chips, as I told you, its been only that game I've downloaded from Romulation, all my others games work fantastic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my console (well, maybe having an old chip that takes a few tries to boot games once and awhile).

PS, whats with that DUMB remark?

Quote lancerx

"most ps2 dead are because of the laser won´t read anymore so most people tends to buy a new ps2, dumb, also if you can, get a new model of magic chip"

Edited by NeoMaster

prican, he is talking about ps1 isos, right?

i wouldn´t recommend using dvd rips in a cd cause i makes the laser as you say works like crazy and in the end will get your ps2 damaged. i would recommend too that you find out wich is your ps2 model and have a laser replacement, i got one in ebay for 35.00, most ps2 dead are because of the laser won´t read anymore so most people tends to buy a new ps2, dumb, also if you can, get a new model of magic chip.

It's possible to fix cd some CD drive problems, but if its the disk speed, just hope you didn't open it. Buying a new PS2 is much cheaper then sending your current PS2 to sony to get it fixed. It's not exactly dumb, and its not exactly smart either. The laser problem is the most easiest to fix if you know what your doing, but people don't want to do them unless their tech savvy and know what their doing.

but people don't want to do them unless their tech savvy and know what their doing.

This is exactly why I haven't modded my PS2 yet or fixed the lens and whatnot. I'm a total klutz when it comes to fixing/modding actual hardware.

but people don't want to do them unless their tech savvy and know what their doing.

This is exactly why I haven't modded my PS2 yet or fixed the lens and whatnot. I'm a total klutz when it comes to fixing/modding actual hardware.

Me too thats why I use bootdisks. :lol: