Dsl Nightmares.

Inky

is it just mine or is every dsl installation a nightmare?

I recently moved out of hill billy central so I figured it's high time for some broadband. so i call up the phone company to get both my phone and dsl hooked up. that was last tuesday. 2 phone techs have been out just for the phone line. they said the install kit would be here friday, friday came and went. ups brought it yesterday. I followed all the instructions to a tee and nothing, no sync. called up the techs and they did a bunch of nothing over the phone. and sent me a line tech today. he was here for a total of 20 minutes. he called the same people i called and they say it is the line and have to send out a different tech tomarrow.

so what's up is every install this much of a pain? I'm really tired of waiting for techs to come to my house everyday.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was simple, i ordered one from aol, i followed instructions with a cd and the modem box and presto i was online. I have aol Broad Band.

Oh yeah the thing about DSL is that you kind of have to live like in a populated area becuase of the "being a certain distance from thier network" severver or something like that. Watch on of those Roar Runner commercials and you'l see what im talking about.

Edited by Cominus

I've never had a problem. My mom just called SBC, they sent the stuff through mail(even the networking card), it got here, we hooked everything up, installed the software, and thats it, no problems really, except when there was those fires near San Diego and in the woods.

Eventually those fires never got here though, and they can't because of all the rocks

i have a question, the most common question about ISPs youve probably ever heard...

Should i get DSL or Cable?

Cable is a way lot faster but it seems to have trouble some times with p2p programs like searching not downloading.

i have a question, the most common question about ISPs youve probably ever heard...

Cable is a way lot faster but it seems to have trouble some times with p2p programs like searching not downloading.

Nope, not for the P2P Wise Man, it ain't!!! Cable here. Dig it. Better than DSL. End of Discussion. :(

Anon.

DSL has come along way since it was slower. It's now outmatching Cable, it's biggest problem is avalibilty.