I Need Your Holy Mighty Advice

lancerx

Board specs

Plain and simple........GENERIC END USER JUNK!

This puppy has integrated graphics, meaning you can't plop your own video card in there.

It's only got 3 PCI slots (Though depending on your needs this may not be a problem)

Integrated audio, though you can disable it, is always some cheap CRAP and even disabling it can prove to be difficult sometimes (Often it just doesn't seem to want to disable fully, or insists on causing other issues when you do)

Plus, Intel boards although very stable and good boards, don't give you much control over what you can do with your system. Wanna overclock? FORGET ABOUT IT!

I recommend this board, or a similar variant depending on your needs.

Board specs

Plain and simple........GENERIC END USER JUNK!

This puppy has integrated graphics, meaning you can't plop your own video card in there.

It's only got 3 PCI slots (Though depending on your needs this may not be a problem)

Integrated audio, though you can disable it, is always some cheap CRAP and even disabling it can prove to be difficult sometimes (Often it just doesn't seem to want to disable fully, or insists on causing other issues when you do)

Plus, Intel boards although very stable and good boards, don't give you much control over what you can do with your system. Wanna overclock? FORGET ABOUT IT!

I recommend  this board, or a similar variant depending on your needs.

You know what Cinder? It happens that i already bought this board, a friend of mine who knows about pc, as you guys, told me it was a good one so we built the pc, a p4, 2.8Ghz, 512ddram etc etc etc, but when i using winxp sometimes the OS go slow, for example, the other days i wanted to erase a 300mb file and it took it almost 6 mints to do it, while in my old pc (dell 933) only took seconds to do it, i´ve just reinstall xp it a couple of time and a find it not that fast as i thought, meybe it is just me, but in comparisson with my old pc some aps runs even slower and in both i have the same vers. of xp.

thanks.

what do you think about the intel 865glc board?, i´m planning to buy one but i´m not sure.

thanks

A very crappy board. But since you've already bought it, there's nothing you can do about it. :ph34r:

Gotta hate INTEL Stockboards. Well, with a little bios flash here and there I bet you could at least change the FBS.

what do you think about the intel 865glc board?, i´m planning to buy one but i´m not sure.

thanks

A very crappy board. But since you've already bought it, there's nothing you can do about it. :ph34r:

not funny :lol:

actually i can return it.

Edited by lancerx

my friends got this board, you can disable the integrated gr graphics very easily actually, besides, why would they give you an AGP port if you couldnt? :ph34r:

and integrated sound isnt too bad if all your looking for is stereo sound, but if you wanna go surround sound, you might not be able to disable it without problems

It has built in surround, but i dont think it will be too good, it should be ok if your not a sound fanatic, or you can just use stereo speakers

BTW, if you need PC speakers ALWAYS buy Klipsche, those are the best.

actually i don´t care too much about the sound because i don´t use the pc for gaming, listening music or watching videos, i use it mostly video capture and editing and of course the usual softwares, internet, word, photoshop, etc etc etc.

Edited by lancerx

actually  i don´t care too much about the sound because i don´t use the pc for gaming, listening music or watching videos, i use it mostly video capture and editing and of course the usual softwares, internet, word, photoshop, etc etc etc.

Well in that case there shouldn't be that much of a problem. As Shiba says, for video editing, integrated is crap.

But I'm a gamer so that wouldn't do much for me :lol: