Too Much For Nintendo These Days

lancerx

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats for good reaon since it was nintendo's dumb decision to stick with carts when cds were the better choice in which it lost a lot of support and squaresoft being the biggest hit to them (can you imagine a 17 cart version of ff7 :lol: )

as for dc vs ps2, it actually lost to ps1 and not ps2 :-D

what were they thinking when they were making the n64..... i remember when sega released the 16 bit machine, genesis, and nintendo said they will stick to 8 bits then realised their mistake and release the almighty glorious snes :P, well a i guess nintendo is all about mistakes and now it´s too late, i was hopping that for this gen their console was going tb amazing, what joke, better than n64 but still behind the other two, i guess sony and ms are sitting and laughing of nintendo.

Why are you hating Sony when MS advertises the xbox hardcore as well....

Anyways, the kids nowadays don't appreciate gameplay...they prefer blood, guts and sex...

Super Mario Bros. doesn't have the greatest graphics but damn it is an awesome game to play...

That was at the time when PS2 and DC were having a little console war. THe only reason PS2 won because they were advertising the hell outta it. Now Gates'box does the same too

And for kids liking blood, sex and whatever thank Grand theft Auto. :lol:

I never said any of N64 games were bad. I loved Nintendo's games but PS1 had an Ultimate 3rd party line up.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think cutsie games aren't the fad anymore. I barely know anyone who plays Mario nowadays, except for a few females. People want more visceral and realistic action these days - both youngers gamers and older gamers. Look at the movies - nearly all of them need their fair share of action scenes, or else they won't sell well. (This is even the case for movies which should sell well regardless, like LotR.)

And yes, kids are getting older quicker these days...they don't like the cute stuff. They want something more harsher. I myself have never liked cute games...I hate Mario with a passion!!! The only cute game I liked was Fuzzball on the Amiga.

I always thought that Nintendo picked a bad strategy when they marketed their N64 for a more younger audience, which resulted in them getting owned by the Playstation, which had more adult games on it.

errr...Mario is not cute...he is the most recognizable videogame star ever!!!!!

and PS didn't own the N64, it beat it by a bit but not enough to say that the n64 got owned....

Now the Xbox and GC are getting owned by the PS2....

well thats for good reaon since it was nintendo's dumb decision to stick with carts when cds were the better choice in which it lost a lot of support and squaresoft being the biggest hit to them (can you imagine a 17 cart version of ff7 :P )

as for dc vs ps2, it actually lost to ps1 and not ps2 :P

what were they thinking when they were making the n64..... i remember when sega released the 16 bit machine, genesis, and nintendo said they will stick to 8 bits then realised their mistake and release the almighty glorious snes :lol:, well a i guess nintendo is all about mistakes and now it´s too late, i was hopping that for this gen their console was going tb amazing, what joke, better than n64 but still behind the other two, i guess sony and ms are sitting and laughing of nintendo.

Well lets look at the latest worldwide sale figures:-

North America

PlayStation 2 - 29.26 million

Xbox - 8.6 million

GameCube - 7.46 million

Game Boy Advance - 23.78 million

Japan / Asia

PlayStation 2 - 16.18 million

Xbox - 1.4 million (~425,000 Japan alone)

GameCube - 3.37 million

Game Boy Advance - 12.66 million

Europe / PAL

PlayStation 2 - 24.56 million

Xbox - 3.7 million

GameCube - 3.11 million (~3 million Europe alone)

Game Boy Advance - 12.98 million

Worldwide

PlayStation 2 - 70 million

Xbox - 13.7 million

GameCube - 13.94 million

Game Boy Advance - 49.42 million

Is it just me or is the GC beating the Xbox....LancerX you just got Powned!!!!

yeah theres always things to hate about a console (ps2 only having 2 controller ports, xbox for being so huge, gamecube for using mini dvds) but its about making the best out of it which nintendo still lacks to do.

i also agree that when mario went to n64, he turned into something i hate which is being "cute" and it still continues in gc :lol:

i also don't really care for the new zelda look either but lucky enough it isn't annoying as mario64 with all the damn "whoo" and such.

yeah, and anyone who thinks the gamecube is for kiddies hasnt seen the game previews for Killer 7

Look it up on IGN, its supposed to be the most stylized, amazing, and bloodiest games to come out for years, all done in cell shading, not your average cell shading either, its truley amazing.

The PS2 version is going to look like poop, the Gamecube version is going to prevail.

Sony needs to stop with the "Generic Sony Video Cards"