Stupid Memory Card

got the reciept? if so the store in your city will take it back. if they wanna mess around just get pushy. I usually don't mess with those 3rd party mem cards. especialy the ones that compress saves for more space. just get an offical sega vmu.

I would try to return it before anything. If you must, just throw it out, it probably costs more to repair it than it did in the first place. Ink is rite, just stick with the official sega stuff, can't go wrong there.

I have a 4x memory card, but I don't think it compresses data. It has a switch to go between the four different sections. I've never had any problems with it. Heck, I have mostly unofficial memory cards for my gaming systems. The only one that had problems was the 16M for my PS2. The problem is that some games don't recognize it, otherwise it works just fine. My recommendation is you either take it back, or throw it out (unless you know how to fix it).

I have a 3rd party card with 4 chunks of 200 blocks and I've used it for more than 3 years on a daily basis without problems, so they're not all bad. On the other hand I also got a 3rd party card for my GC and that corrupted ALL my saves after a few weeks and a friend of mine had it happen also.

I always also buy official cards for the important saves though :lol:.

In my experience its allways best to stick to official, but if you are gonna wander I would suggest on only buying Mad Catz or jotech 3rd pary products, as they are normally well made and don't have that cheap feel that other companies have. :lol: